A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Generic A8 / S8 forums > A8 / S8 Generic Posts

A8 / S8 Generic Posts All other useful info

Old 4th July 2014, 11:21 AM

Default What's going on here. £8k D3 S8!

Has anyone seen this car?

http://loot.com/motoring/cars/wc1v/2...0ad/(f)/search

If its for real, its a bargain
Old 4th July 2014, 11:25 AM

Someone is seriously desperate for the cash, or forgot the 1 in front of the £8000k

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,
Old 4th July 2014, 11:33 AM

Stinky.

The road tax expiration date in the ad doesn't match the date that the DVLA gives for the S8 with that plate.

If you google some of the text that's in the ad, amongst all the scraping sites that refer you back to this ad, you find a May 2014 autotrader ad. The page itself on AT has expired, but the cached version is still turning up in google's results. My guess is that the text has been copied and adjusted and it's a scam.

ETA: the last 3/4 of the text bears a remarkable resemblance to this ad: http://www.decassoncars.com/flyer.php?id=5478 (for some ****box Honda).

We'll find out, as I've sent the "seller" a message!

Last edited by Greg66; 4th July 2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old 7th July 2014, 07:52 AM
Banned

SCAM ! They want a 1000 deposit before viewing !
Old 7th July 2014, 11:37 AM

Really? Did you get a reply? My enquiry was ignored...Boo hoo!
Old 7th July 2014, 09:26 PM

A deposit before you view. Really? Would anyone fall for that?
Old 8th July 2014, 11:26 PM
Banned

Well .. I do offen wander who is silly enough to fork out that kind of cash without viewing
Old 7th August 2014, 08:30 PM

I was looking an Black S8 D3's before I bought mine and I found two in one location on an 07 and the other a 57 and they were both £13k and it took me all my time to get him to that price verbally over the phone before I made the five hundred mile round trip to view them both... So £8k is defiantly a scam, or it's stolen or it belongs to a bloke who's still at work and his wife is at home reading through his private Facebook messages to all his female friend and she needs an £8k escape fund Apart from that I can't see how it can be real... Hell I'd buy it and scrap it for that money, well after raping it for the B&O obviously

Regards, Mark.

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com
Old 7th September 2014, 09:42 AM

Reported it to Gumtree.
Old 7th September 2014, 11:43 AM

Just did a search for Audi A8, there are several obvious scams which stick out like sore thumbs. There is also a 2011 D4 for 10K for example.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles