A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 3rd May 2016, 03:39 PM

Default ABS Module removal

HI,

I've been away for a couple of months and now my A8 has developed a myriad of problems.....ABS module, EPB faults and level sensor issues. I want to get the ABS module done first as it dumps the speedo' and power steering when
the lights come on which is quite regular now.

I need to get my ABS module repaired and getting it off is proving a bit of a problem. Has anyone encountered the torx screw heads being rounded and if so, how did you get them out?

Any help gratefully received as always...
Old 3rd May 2016, 07:55 PM

Since the torx is now rounded have you tried forcing a hex allen key into the torx head, if you select the correct size it should be enough to undo the torx

Nite Blue 3.0L SE Quattro
Old 3rd May 2016, 07:59 PM

Sorry to read of your woes. Are you removing the electronics from the hydraulic block? Should be 6 torx screws. If they are all rounded I don't think you've much choice from drilling them out or trying a screw extractor set.

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,
Old 3rd May 2016, 08:19 PM

Thanks guys, I'll try what I can and then send it he bad unit off for repair. Got to get the girl back to tip top condition.
Old 27th June 2016, 11:33 PM

Got the module repaired and just need to check out the front near side speed sensor...only three more outstanding things now. EPB, HVAC no cold air and a dodgy level sensor. £245 all in for ABS module test and repair and great to have the beast back..changed the tyres too while she was standing for a week or so...

Thanks for the help guys.