A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th August 2018, 03:31 PM

Default S8 Front ceramic brakes removal

So today I wanted to remove the front disc due to the shield needing attention. I looked at the service manual and ELSA (same document) and it seems pretty straight forward. However, there is some confusion as to whether the pads need removing or if the caliper carrier can be unbolted and the whole assembly removed.

I decided to play safe and remove the pads first. After some struggling I got the springs off and removed the guide pin bolt. I cannot though for the life of me get the guide pin out. It is not stuck on the pads but seems stuck on the caliper.

Any advice on how to remove this without cutting it off? Audi do a replacement kit with the guide pin, bolt and springs for around £50 which I'd rather not spend on something that should slide out! Thanks
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder