A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 9th May 2014, 08:23 PM

I understand completely as it could be my driving style and lowered suspension so you might be very happy with them, well you've been very happy.
All I would say if quality aftermarket arm costs 55-60quid which is already cheaper than OEM so if ebay ones cost less than half of that, then it doesn't really sounds that quality especially for such a heavy car with air suspension on top of it.
You get what you pay for and I got, 12months out of it for something like 350-400 quid.
Plus I prefer Audi guys to do it as it needs to be done right and fitted at the right height/position because of the adjustable suspension.

But I can be an@l about some things, like now

Good to hear you are happy as that's all what matters

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 10th May 2014, 07:25 AM

Mine has Meyle HD upper arms all round (D2 S8) and perfectly happy with them

Came from Car Parts Centre for £160 incl shipping - been on the car for 18 months and about 7k miles

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 10th May 2014, 08:51 AM

I had GSF upper arms fitted for £~400 and they only lasted a year and falling apart at 18 months.

Not sure if that was because they were bad quality or maybe the mechanic didn't set the arms in the correct angles before tightening the bolts, thus twisting them up when the car is lowered to the ground.

Never knowing whether they follow the ELSA is why I do it myself now, but at £200 a pop, who cares. I would have payed someone £150 to remove my bloddy pinch bolt!
Old 10th May 2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon View Post
I had GSF upper arms fitted for £~400 and they only lasted a year and falling apart at 18 months.

Not sure if that was because they were bad quality or maybe the mechanic didn't set the arms in the correct angles before tightening the bolts, thus twisting them up when the car is lowered to the ground.

Never knowing whether they follow the ELSA is why I do it myself now, but at £200 a pop, who cares. I would have payed someone £150 to remove my bloddy pinch bolt!
That is exactly my story, lasted a year and after 18months they were shot to bits.
When taking wheels off yesterday for refurb at the garage, while wheels off you could grab them with one hand and twist !!!!!!!!!!!! And the noise they make is ridiculous.

Where do I w find the info about correct procedure???
Is it just one page, or several. If only one or two could someone post a snapshot here please

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten