A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 4th June 2015, 09:20 AM

Default Ouch!

So, having fianlly got round to getting rid of the irritating TPMS warning light, I had a full week of no yellow messages on the dash before the brake warning light popped up.

I knew I needed to have the lower suspension arms done at some point, so I put it in to have the pads done and the arms.

Oh, and then it turned out I needed new front discs too.

That became an expensive little trip to the garage - I'm not going to confess how much it cost for fear of being lambasted on here for not sourcing cheaper parts!

Putting squashed dinosaur world to good use.
Old 4th June 2015, 10:02 AM

Sorry to hear that mate and such a shame you didn't contact me. I dont want to make it worst but for comparison I can get a set of ATE pads and discs front and rear whole set for under 500 delivered for D3 S8

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 4th June 2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A8 View Post
I can get a set of ATE pads and discs front and rear whole set for under 500 delivered for D3 S8
I can vouch for that

Sorry to hear it's cost you a small fortune Greg, same car at same age, inner surface of the discs corroded badly?

Like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150604_120204.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	493.5 KB
ID:	10955  

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra

Last edited by Norretal; 4th June 2015 at 11:54 AM.
Old 5th June 2015, 11:09 AM

Thanks for the kind offers, chaps. Live and learn, I fear.

Pads were at 1/4-1/3 left and discs were lipped. The suspension arms had been spotted last year when I had it serviced as a "must do before the next MOT".

At least the front end does now feel tighter and the brakes are more responsive, so it's not completely disappeared money.

Next up will be the tyres. Mix of Bridgestone (f) and Pirelli (r) right now, and the traction light pops up more at greasy junctions than I think it should. Will probably go for Goodyear Asym F1s. And negative experiences with those?

I managed to pick up some FL rear lights from Germany last month via eBay. A very worthwhile upgrade, I think. Nicely sharpens the look of the rear of the car and through some optical illusion makes the entire rear light cluster look slimmer.

Putting squashed dinosaur world to good use.