A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 6th June 2016, 08:23 PM

I'm voting out, purely because I'm opposed to Cameron's scaremongering. We need to take control of our borders again because the situation regarding immigration is only going to get worse. The fact that there's a news black-out on the situation in Calais suggests that they're using any tactics they can to convince people it's better for us to stay in. The fact is it's better for them, a nice highly paid number in Brussels is what they all aspire to, just look at the Kinnocks and their ilk. This is worth a watch, obviously strongly biased but the stuff about Brussels had my blood boiling.

https://youtu.be/UTMxfAkxfQ0

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 6th June 2016, 08:27 PM

what news blackout,
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 6th June 2016, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limoncello View Post
what news blackout,
Well it just seems, to me anyway, that we never hear anything on mainstream news about the Calais situation or the migrants causing chaos in France, yet I've seen plenty on the Internet.

Then again, I'm suspicious of anything this shower does or doesn't do, I don't trust them one bit

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 6th June 2016, 09:07 PM

I'm undecided myself. I flip-flop almost daily.

My gut instinct is that I want to vote out, but I'm not immune to the arguments to stay in either.

At this rate, I'm going to end up covering my eyes and dropping a pen on the ballot paper. The closest mark to a box wins!

2008 Audi S8
Old 6th June 2016, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norretal View Post
Well it just seems, to me anyway, that we never hear anything on mainstream news about the Calais situation or the migrants causing chaos in France, yet I've seen plenty on the Internet.

Then again, I'm suspicious of anything this shower does or doesn't do, I don't trust them one bit
ive been in france for a week, not much on the news there either, probably because there isnt much really going on. the migrants are still trying to get to england but with the new fences and extra patrols its becoming much harder to reach the tunnel. every now and then they have a charge and are repelled by security forces and police. its an ongoing situation which probably isnt newsworthy enough with everything else going on.

the news seemed much keener on giving us dire news of the lack of petrol, queues at garages and brits running out of fuel and being stranded.

all of it well over egged, not a queue in site, plenty of fuel available.
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 7th June 2016, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
I vote to leave, purely for the reason that we should get to decide what happens in our farms and fishing grounds, that and keeping out all the immigrants that we don't need.

I'm not against immigration but I do believe if you are wanting to move to another country you should have something that that country needs.

There are skills were are short of in his country and by all means if you meet that skill set then you should be welcome here.

How it will affect those of us travelling, time will tell but I suspect there won't be much issues as we can travel to many non eu countries perfectly well as is.
What about those people?
Trust me at the moment there is not much in UK to look forward to work wise for imigrants
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	424
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	13550
Old 7th June 2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borys View Post
What about those people?
Trust me at the moment there is not much in UK to look forward to work wise for imigrants
Attachment 13550
I would think that they would need to apply for work permits/visas (except ROI due to the common travel area), it's not a barrier to many British emigrants to Australia, USA or Canada.

If they've lived in the country long enough they should apply for citizenship. It'll take time to disconnect from the EU if a leave vote succeeds anyway, it's not likely that come the 23rd everything will change!

https://www.statslife.org.uk/social-...le-s-countries
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	13551

On another point I keep seeing... I seriously doubt Boris or Farage will get to be PM, they aren't that popular! Cameron will still be lead the Conservative party unless he steps down or has a vote of no confidence and the Conservatives will still be in power.
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)

Old 7th June 2016, 08:27 AM

Yep
Looking at the figures a mass of Brits are out of UK ha ha and now they want out of EU, poor nation when they will go
UK no good, EU no good - destination Alaska
Old 7th June 2016, 12:25 PM

Quite simply the EU has looked after workers rights, conditions and welfare more than any UK government. The EU provides funding and money to poorer areas in the UK, scientific research, Erasmus exchange and not to mention that the EU is biggest global economy. I truly subscribe to the basic tenets of the free movement of people, goods, services & capital and the belief that a collective group of states can help combat the rise of extreme nationalism and international conflict.

The ability to live, work and reside in any EU member state. University fees here are becoming ridiculously expensive, other EU member states have free education for any EU citizen, a leave will end this opportunity for young British who are seeking to learn and cannot afford or want the debt by attending a UK university.

Research has shown that immigration from other EU member states has been a net contributor to the UK economy. We can already control immigration from outside of the EU, and being personally involved in this the UK has nothing better, in fact less, to offer than other 'Schengen' states. Quite frankly it's expensive to come into the UK if you're outside of the EU.

I personally doubt the UK can renegotiate betters deals with the European Free Trade Association and other countries directly. I think outside we'll be bullied by the likes of USA with TTIP.

The EU is by no means perfect. It’s overly bureaucratic, in parts undemocratic, expensive for larger states. But we can change this by being more stronger at negotiating in Europe. Yes there needs to be some realignment on both sides, the more you put in the more you get out. The world is changing and it truly is a globalised world and I believe we are stronger for being in the EU.

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,

Last edited by mattylondon; 7th June 2016 at 12:44 PM.
Old 7th June 2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limoncello View Post
ive been in france for a week, not much on the news there either, probably because there isnt much really going on. the migrants are still trying to get to england but with the new fences and extra patrols its becoming much harder to reach the tunnel. every now and then they have a charge and are repelled by security forces and police. its an ongoing situation which probably isnt newsworthy enough with everything else going on.

the news seemed much keener on giving us dire news of the lack of petrol, queues at garages and brits running out of fuel and being stranded.

all of it well over egged, not a queue in site, plenty of fuel available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylondon View Post
Quite simply the EU has looked after workers rights, conditions and welfare more than any UK government. The EU provides funding and money to poorer areas in the UK, scientific research, Erasmus exchange and not to mention that the EU is biggest global economy. I truly subscribe to the basic tenets of the free movement of people, goods, services & capital and the belief that a collective group of states can help combat the rise of extreme nationalism and international conflict.

The ability to live, work and reside in any EU member state. University fees here are becoming ridiculously expensive, other EU member states have free education for any EU citizen, a leave will end this opportunity for young British who are seeking to learn and cannot afford or want the debt by attending a UK university.

Research has shown that immigration from other EU member states has been a net contributor to the UK economy. We can already control immigration from outside of the EU, and being personally involved in this the UK has nothing better, in fact less, to offer than other 'Schengen' states. Quite frankly it's expensive to come into the UK if you're outside of the EU.

I personally doubt the UK can renegotiate betters deals with the European Free Trade Association and other countries directly. I think outside we'll be bullied by the likes of USA with TTIP.

The EU is by no means perfect. It’s overly bureaucratic, in parts undemocratic, expensive for larger states. But we can change this by being more stronger at negotiating in Europe. Yes there needs to be some realignment on both sides, the more you put in the more you get out. The world is changing and it truly is a globalised world and I believe we are stronger for being in the EU.
This and this. +1 and +1.

Free movement and protections and freedoms our government should (and never would) have put in place mean I'm voting remain. Yes the system isn't perfect, but neither is ours.

Currently in France in the inlaws' place. Knowing I could live and work here and my son could grow up and do the same.

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.