A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 6th April 2016, 12:19 PM

Forgot to say - expect them to try and flog you GAP insurance and various other products once you have jumped the finance hurdle - if you are not interested, be firm but polite and they will quickly move on to someone else!
Old 6th April 2016, 01:39 PM

Personally I hate finance full stop....When you look at the prices you are charged it becomes silly.

The good deal on the car becomes terrible. Oddly a lot of people chivvy away at the sale price and yet just accept the finance.

If you must, bank loan, but often i'd just say go for a car you can afford, build up the cash and then buy. It'll work out much much better in the long run and if something happens financially in the mean time, then you won't have really buggered things up!

I'm also the kind that always pays off a credit card in full each month. They are great, you can make money on them even. But the cripple you if you leave *ANY* money on them!

It's also probably why i'm happy with a PF 4.2 A8 (amongst others)
Old 6th April 2016, 02:04 PM

your right

gap insurance

and autoglym were the favorites
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 6th April 2016, 02:19 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulfilias View Post
Personally I hate finance full stop....When you look at the prices you are charged it becomes silly.

The good deal on the car becomes terrible. Oddly a lot of people chivvy away at the sale price and yet just accept the finance.

If you must, bank loan, but often i'd just say go for a car you can afford, build up the cash and then buy. It'll work out much much better in the long run and if something happens financially in the mean time, then you won't have really buggered things up!

I'm also the kind that always pays off a credit card in full each month. They are great, you can make money on them even. But the cripple you if you leave *ANY* money on them!

I share your sentiments! My credit card is a Santander 123 Card and they even allow a direct debit to be set up to pay it off every month. And they pay you every time you pay your mortgage (just finished it!), utility bills, etc. And I'm very happy with a D2 S8!
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 7th April 2016, 04:19 PM

I was happy with my FL D2 S8 too.....Alas it was less happy with me as after 230k it killed it's engine. I really did like that car!
Old 7th April 2016, 06:35 PM

in 2008 when i bought my A8 brand new
the dealer said..
why dont you use Audi's money instead of paying in one lump sum,
i said oh is it interest free ?
they said well err No sir,
i said mine is
then he went away
and i happily drove away
Old 7th April 2016, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulfilias View Post

ha ha so right, i went to a dealer just of the north circular, had a look around saw something interesting, no prices on any vehicle to be seen

so i asked a salesman who informed me that it doesnt work like that anymore, theres no need to know the price, what we do is a credit check on you which gives us a max per month figure you can have, we ask you what type of car you want, then we put you, the car and the monthly figure together, deal done.

i just laughed, and left
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 7th April 2016, 08:47 PM

So there is a fight back if you have the face for it, be as cheeky as they are!

Take out every finance deal they can offer, GAP insurance, don't worry about the rubbish APR and use this as a way to negotiate the screen price down, because they will get commission from the finance and insurance vendors. Make out "I'd but it if it was xx price, not worried about the monthly cost".

Then cancel the finance and insurance(s) within the 14 day cooling off period, you settle direct with the finance company as the reduced screen price. The downside is the dealer looses their commission.

I have a friend who routinely does this, I haven't personally as I think it is questionable morally. The closest I came to using the scheme to my advantage was to convince a "business manager" (aka finance sales man) that he didn't want to be trying to sell me finance, i.e. "if you really push me I will take it but I'll probably cancel in the cooling off period" which resulted in him thanking me for my honesty and running away leaving me for a cash purchase
Old 7th April 2016, 08:50 PM

love that, way to go if you have the cash

these guys were really bad, they were looking for anyone with bad credit that couldnt get a deal elswhere

Old 7th April 2016, 08:52 PM

You don't need the cash, just take out cheaper finance as mentioned earlier - like a bank loan