A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 13th February 2015, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
For all the chat, it'd still help your case enormously to put up what you actually would accept for the car....

The guessing game is fun and all that, however.....
Yes it would im out by the way

Whoever buys it, it has the wrong front grill on so why not cut that out and get the bonnet up.
I have a brand new face-lift grill for sale the proper one.
Old 13th February 2015, 04:27 PM

As a starter for 10 the we buy any car valuation is circa £6k before any deductions for anything they don't like on inspection, so a private sale with no issues id say about £7k

Just my suggestion of where a private sale value might be - others may have differing views based on the bonnet issue and incorrect grill/lights

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 13th February 2015, 04:36 PM

is that a cat-d valuation ?
Old 13th February 2015, 04:46 PM

Yes, and declared as an import

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 13th February 2015, 05:42 PM

Here is how I am looking at it, similar decent condition car without cat D is £8-9k, Cat D brings it down to £6k. Changing front end back to FL will take considerable amount of work and money and while the existing PF parts can be sold to recover some of the money they will be cheaper than FL parts and will take time to shift. As the car has wrong front end it makes you wonder what else has been done wrong repairing it and about quality of the repairs, since you cannot check much without opening the bonnet it's a risk as well so for me to be interested it would need to be in £4.5k range. You could probably get that that kind of money from breakers and possibly £5-6k on the e-bay as cat D from somebody who does not realize it's got wrong front end on the car if you choose not to disclose it.

I bought my D2 S8 8 years ago for £2.5k on e-bay when the decent similar ones were costing about £5k. It had been insurance write off in the past and it needed things doing and I only bought it while I was drunk, I did not even remember bidding on it, just discovered to my surprise the next day that I have won it, probably would not have bought it if I was sober, not that I regret buying it. In the end it was half the price of the decent one but previous insurance write off and with some issues, which brings me back to the £8-9k price for decent similar D3's and taking and drawing parallels to my D2 purchase if I take half of that brings me back to the same ~£4.5k price point for it.

To be honest I don't expect LordHefner to let it go that cheap but if it was offered around £4.5k I would be interested.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 13th February 2015, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
For all the chat, it'd still help your case enormously to put up what you actually would accept for the car....

The guessing game is fun and all that, however.....
I wasn't too sure of what it was worth in the condition as I wasn't aware the cost of putting the bits correct... however I've how four offers from £3.5K to £6k as well as other asking for engines and panels or parts should I decide to break it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto View Post
Yes it would im out by the way

Whoever buys it, it has the wrong front grill on so why not cut that out and get the bonnet up.
I have a brand new face-lift grill for sale the proper one.
Well aware of that as you kindly posted pictures for me the day I came back from the last person who told me the catch was seized and needed either the bonnet tearing open or the grill cutting out, I immediately went on a hunt for both parts... but whilst post request for these it also accoutred to me the time the car would need to be out of action to get it sorted and right now I'm having a great deal of repair work done after radiotherapy necrosis and off the road is not an option as I need to get about of my own accord.

If I need a grill once I decide how I'm going to deal with this then I'll be chasing for parts if there is someone who is about to help out but at the moment it's an uphill climb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
Here is how I am looking at it, similar decent condition car without cat D is £8-9k, Cat D brings it down to £6k. Changing front end back to FL will take considerable amount of work and money and while the existing PF parts can be sold to recover some of the money they will be cheaper than FL parts and will take time to shift. As the car has wrong front end it makes you wonder what else has been done wrong repairing it and about quality of the repairs, since you cannot check much without opening the bonnet it's a risk as well so for me to be interested it would need to be in £4.5k range. You could probably get that that kind of money from breakers and possibly £5-6k on the e-bay as cat D from somebody who does not realize it's got wrong front end on the car if you choose not to disclose it.

I bought my D2 S8 8 years ago for £2.5k on e-bay when the decent similar ones were costing about £5k. It had been insurance write off in the past and it needed things doing and I only bought it while I was drunk, I did not even remember bidding on it, just discovered to my surprise the next day that I have won it, probably would not have bought it if I was sober, not that I regret buying it. In the end it was half the price of the decent one but previous insurance write off and with some issues, which brings me back to the £8-9k price for decent similar D3's and taking and drawing parallels to my D2 purchase if I take half of that brings me back to the same ~£4.5k price point for it.

To be honest I don't expect LordHefner to let it go that cheap but if it was offered around £4.5k I would be interested.
Thanks for shining the light on someone who's come from a similar experience. I like you have no regret in buying the car as the face lift of the car is something I didn't overly notice as I was looking specifically for the parts of the car that I did like, named the one piece grill the round fog lights and the rear LEDs... at the point whether they were right or wrong these were what stopped my buying a 2005 A8 or the slightly later... and even knowing the fog lights should be square I still wouldn't change them as I still like the round. Headlamps yeah those would be nice but the once I have worked fine in many thousand of Audi A8 owners all over the world, and the fact that they illuminated and do all that they should when they should is little bother either. I simply love the car for all that it is, yeah in perfect as should be would be better but as someone unknowing I've taken the car for how it drives, how it performs, how it handles, and that is what the car gives, there is little about it not to like. I just wished I was not in this situation of hopelessness or someone could help me, or buy the car so that I may carry out my priorities which is getting about without hassle.

Regards,

Mark.

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com
Old 13th February 2015, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
Yes, and declared as an import
When you say import, is there anything in the document where it states this as I've got it insured as a UK car, and wondering if I have been mis0informed here somewhere as the DVLA have sent me documents and as far as I remember with out dragging them out there was nothing mentioned about an import.

Regards,

Mark.

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com
Old 13th February 2015, 10:10 PM

I used that piece of info from brasiliangringo's post as I know he has HPI access which is where I assume it will have flagged it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasiliangringo View Post
It's a German paralell import to.
On the v5c it should state in section 3 'declared new at first registration'

In section 4b the dates should be the same if it's an official UK car - if it's a parallel import from Germany it will depend if it was registered in Germany for a period of time before coming here, or was bought to be registered as new in the UK. Some imports are just vehicles sourced for forces members overseas.

I don't think it makes much difference in any case at this age - the main reason it might have an influence on value is if the spec was far short of standard UK which is doubtful on something like an A8 - more of an issue on a Golf where a UK spec car would have climate control as standard on many models, but an import might just get manual a/c or none at all.

Last edited by Adrian E; 13th February 2015 at 10:13 PM.
Old 13th February 2015, 10:23 PM

Quote:
I don't think it makes much difference in any case at this age - the main reason it might have an influence on value is if the spec was far short of standard UK which is doubtful on something like an A8 - more of an issue on a Golf where a UK spec car would have climate control as standard on many models, but an import might just get manual a/c or none at all.
It does not make much difference to the value of the car directly but for some reason insurance companies like to charge more for insuring imports so it reflects back to car value.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 13th February 2015, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
I used that piece of info from brasiliangringo's post as I know he has HPI access which is where I assume it will have flagged it.

On the v5c it should state in section 3 'declared new at first registration'

In section 4b the dates should be the same if it's an official UK car - if it's a parallel import from Germany it will depend if it was registered in Germany for a period of time before coming here, or was bought to be registered as new in the UK. Some imports are just vehicles sourced for forces members overseas.

Ideal that is awesome information there. I'll grab the documents down tomorrow and have a look now that I know what I'm searching for, and then I'll let you guys know although as with the case of my old Evo9 the two were so close in spec bar the paperwork and these ****ty plastic plaques for the exterior door panels, that in fact the club ended up on a poll being almost an even split. doesn't appear from what you say it makes a great deal of difference here either. I remember there being some suggestion that the number plate mount wreaks of import... I did wonder about the German writing on it, but I used to sell early smarts and the German written on them everywhere and still is on the current model released on the 3rd. I simply kept it on as I found it an original part of the car, German car and German holder, Keep it... I gave it little more thought than that.

Regards,

Mark.

Future Plans:

Planned Mods: