A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Wheels and Tyres

D3 - Wheels and Tyres Refurbing, center caps, tyre brands, tyrefitters - discuss it here

Old 25th October 2015, 05:43 PM

Default A8 on 21's - lovely

Saw this today on VAG meet
Looked awesome !!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	329.3 KB
ID:	12027
Old 30th October 2015, 08:38 PM

I've seen this myself recently also at a Meet down in Cornwall, same car, same number plate, and like yourself it's made me look at 21" As they made that car look every bit the machine it was.

The guy who owns and drives this is the owner of a tuning company and deals with replacement turbo's and the likes off, spoke to him and he came across as a very down to earth guy, who's just done very well for himself.

Regards

Mark

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com
Old 8th November 2015, 06:03 PM

That's a D4 rather than a D3 is it not?

2012 Porsche 981 3.4S PDK mid life crisis!
Old 8th November 2015, 07:20 PM

Yes, it's just posted in the D3 thread to check that we're paying attention (which obviously you are )
Old 8th November 2015, 09:36 PM

21" wheels.
For an eye grabbing stance - Yay!
For a decent ride - Meh!
Old 9th November 2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
21" wheels.
For an eye grabbing stance - Yay!
For a decent ride - Meh!
I would love these on my D3... I'm currently posting elsewhere to see with others who know more than I do as to whether or not these would fit on mine. I love the look if big rim on a Luxobarge.

Regards,

Mark.

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com
Old 9th November 2015, 09:03 PM

I'm hoping to get some 21s for my own. Just have to save up first.
Old 9th November 2015, 09:54 PM

MTM do a 21" wheel.

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,
Old 10th November 2015, 11:39 AM

There was a set of these on ebay, but the seller wouldn't reply to my messages.
Old 10th November 2015, 06:45 PM

Look at them rubber bands ...... will be like being dragged along in a shovel ..... but if ya likes it ....go for it ...