A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 3rd April 2016, 10:10 PM

Default Thinking to change cars, whats mine worth

im thinking of changing cars, maybe a d4, not sure yet, but any ideas on what mines worth

2005 D3 dual grill model 3.0 TDI, 150K miles
black - with grey (or platinum as they call it) interior

Been fantastic really, never failed to start, hybrid tv, MMI2G, AMI music with hard drive lead and lead for ipod, hard disk drive 320gb. bluetooth phone module not working and i have removed it and put a loop in place. just need to get a new module from ebay and plug it in. elec boot all working perfectly,

mot till july , no reason it would fail the next.

new tyres 5 months ago, alloys not great, scratches etc

dvd / usb / sdcard player in boot, headrest monitors in the rear, all works from the front with a remote. (on AV1) you can also put the tv through in to the rear

needs a good valet thats for sure, but anyone any ideas what its worth

engine light is on, but its only the MAF sensor , i have it booked i to Audi leeds to get that fixed.

havent got any pics at the moment other than the one in my sig
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 4th April 2016, 11:49 AM

49 views and no one got an idea
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 4th April 2016, 12:08 PM

Bay in the completed sales section, Autotrader, Gumtree will all give an indication of what similar cars are selling for. Then you have to decide if you really want to part with your dearly beloved at these sort of prices

Nite Blue 3.0L SE Quattro
Old 4th April 2016, 12:12 PM

I'd hazard an educated guess at £4,500 - £5,500, based upon what I can see available at the moment and the sale of my D3 last year (4.2TDI, similar mileage).
Old 4th April 2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrstaylor View Post
I'd hazard an educated guess at £4,500 - £5,500, based upon what I can see available at the moment and the sale of my D3 last year (4.2TDI, similar mileage).
I'd say max £5k, given its or pre FL. Your 4.2TDI was a bargain though.... They are usually at least £2k dearer at that age/price range.
Old 4th April 2016, 08:29 PM

thanks guys, couple of traders have valued it at 2400 for part ex, audi at 3K

basically they dont have a use for something this old so it would be off to the auction with it

Old 4th April 2016, 10:06 PM

Sounds about right, I think Audi offered me £3k trade against a D4, when they then wanted £3500 to fit a towbar to the a D4 I told them I may as well just keep my old one as a towcar
Old 5th April 2016, 10:10 AM

Hi There,

Certainly worth more as a private sale. Main Dealers haven't got a clue what to do with them!

I'd expect a minimum of £4k and you may push £5k if it's in good condition and oddly your location, wouldn't expect it to be a particularly quick sale as it's a really odd section of the market it will apeal to!

Lee
Old 5th April 2016, 12:46 PM

unfortuately the parts are worth more than the whole car. oh well, had a particullaly bad day at Audi yesterday, they found a D4 i really liked , bit more than i was thinking of but only had 19000 on the clock. he admitted they were deperate to move it, (its a LWB without the rear entertainment) so he knocks 3K of the price

then they offer 2 finance options
PCP where i end up paying for the car and giving it back (or taking another and continue paying forever)
or
HP at such a stupid rate it made the PCP offer look better.

he comes back a few times with a better offer (always to the PCP the hp didnt change

i suspect they didnt want me to go for HP, they would rather lock me in for life.

got home looked at all the finance calculators (i had an idea what it should be anyway) and basically they are £130 higher a month than the worse calc i could find, even after putting in poor credit and anything i could to make the cost higher.

about 180 quid a month worse than a stanrd blackhorse loan

the more i looked last night the more i became annoyed, i could go and get the money myself at the better rate but im now so annoyed he can stick his car up his **** no matter what deal he comes up with.

Old 5th April 2016, 03:17 PM

Dealer finance is rarely competitive