A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Fuel and Exhausts

D2 - Fuel and Exhausts Everything to do with getting fuel into the engine, and fumes back out again

Old 21st September 2018, 12:13 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
That's a remarkable price! I can only get about £25 for them round here.
Wow. Might be worthwhile posting them up here. This is the place that is offering me £110 each:
https://www.scrapcatalysts.co.uk/

I was originally told 'at least £50' each, depending on the part number. They upped the offer to £110 each once I was able to send them photos and confirm part numbers (4D0131701DQ and 4D0131701DR).
------------------------------------------------------

Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 21st September 2018, 12:33 PM

Definitely! It looks like they're actually doing the break down and extraction so it makes sense that they will be paying a lot more since you're cutting out all the dealers in between who are taking their cut.

I might have a sort through my scrap pile
Old 21st September 2018, 02:13 PM

I was offered £55 for my one down here in the south.
Decided to save it for MJ though who wants to play around with it.
Will take it to ADI in October and give to Mike for onward transportation to MJ
Sony rear entertainment package.
Bose sound system.
Audi Navigation Plus.
20 inch Final Edition alloys
Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble :
1997 A8 Quattro Sport - Now sold when S8 FE purchased
Old 21st September 2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Definitely! It looks like they're actually doing the break down and extraction so it makes sense that they will be paying a lot more since you're cutting out all the dealers in between who are taking their cut.

I might have a sort through my scrap pile
Me too! I have my old pair of cats sitting in my garage from when I replaced them - sounds like an easy way of getting £100!

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 21st September 2018, 05:06 PM

When I replaced (one of) mine a while back it was on an exchange basis, with a significant charge if you didn't send the old one back.

Just as well, as I wouldn't have been able to sell it, there was next to nothing inside!
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 21st September 2018, 05:19 PM

I have three cats going spare. For free to anyone who enjoys fur on their clothes
Old 27th September 2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
I have three cats going spare. For free to anyone who enjoys fur on their clothes
Friend of my Mum's, who knew very little about cars, used to have an early RAV4 with a picture of a bulldog on the spare wheel.

So when she phoned the local garage to book it in for a service one day and the mechanic asked "does it have a cat on it love?", I can't help wondering who the most confused was, her or the mechanic, when she replied "no, but it does have a dog on it".

Well, I arranged to drop my old cats off today. Couldn't have gone smoother. There was someone there to meet me when I arrived and I was paid the agreed price via an instant transfer to my bank account. I'd definitely recommend these guys. My guess is that they might not offer quite so much for some of the earlier cats but that you can expect a minimum of £50 each.

I'm quite enjoying the new exhaust now, despite it being waaay louder than I expected but it does feel a little down on power so I think I will go back for an X/H pipe
... once MJ has had chance to get the measurements for me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Old Cats Receipt2.jpg
Views:	940
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	20182  

Cars Owned:
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 30th September 2018, 11:42 PM

That sounds great Mark, I'll have two just like it thanks!

Marty

Replacement head coming arrived thanks to MJ
Silver with Black interior. All features as the '01, with the 'S' mode auto shifter. Dodgey rear tint (need to find a way to get rid of that).
Family:
2009 Volvo XC90 V8 R Design
- has a louder more obnoxious exhaust than the S8, sounds great! Love this thing - Q7 was double the price, and certainly not double the car!

Sold:
1997 Audi A4
- Hamilton's Club Sport, Achat Grey (will miss the old girl)
Old 1st October 2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27litres View Post
That sounds great Mark, I'll have two just like it thanks!
Haha. He probably would post a system (or two) out to you, though I don't know what the shipping fees to Oz would be. He does actually sell full and partial exhaust systems online I believe, to both the UK and abroad. I don't know if he kept a record of the measurements to make another system but I could easily call back in if not.

I might be taking it back for a H/X-Pipe at some point anyway. Although I must admit, what seemed almost embarrassingly loud at first is now really beginning to grow on me! I absolutely love the sound it makes but it does make me feel a bit 'boy-racer' ... which wouldn't be so bad, if I could still pass for 'boy-racer'. Trouble is, I look more mid-life-crisis-man-racer now

Cars Owned:

Old 25th October 2018, 08:03 PM

The H in the stock system goes right behind the second brace bar which is conspicuous by its absence in the this pic, but you can see the bolt holes Its exactly in line with the two heat shield studs:

The Millltek has something similar but I'm not sure whether its in the same place or not.

Front is down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181025_201606.jpg
Views:	794
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	20283