A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Engine Bay

D3 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Old 3rd June 2013, 06:43 PM

Question A/C Pressure Sensor on D3 A8 3.0 TDI. Where is it? :(

Hey guys, my car isn't pumping out any AC after a nice recharge and passing a leak test with no issues, I've concluded it is likely the pressure sensor.

I'm buggered if I can find it though.
Please help. I have my car in bits :P

Bex

07 Silver D3 A/S8L Quattro S8 front end, Xenons, Bose, Bluetooth, Voice Control, Autodim mirrors, Heated folding mirrors, Double Glazed Windows, Electric Rear & Side Blinds, Black leather Comfort Seats with front memory seats & mirrors, Front & rear heated seats, Interior/Exterior light pack, TV.I.M, AMI, Parking sensors Front & Rear, Air suspension (soon to be lowered), Keyless entry & Start/Stop, 4 zone climate control, Power Boot Open/Close.
Old 4th June 2013, 05:51 PM

On VAG cars (not done A8 myself) it's usually in the area behind the number plate/bumper and has an electrical connector and screws off a junction on a metal pipe which is rather like the Schrader valve on a wheel so self-seals. Usually named sensor g65 IIRC.
Old 5th June 2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8L Chick View Post
Hey guys, my car isn't pumping out any AC after a nice recharge and passing a leak test with no issues, I've concluded it is likely the pressure sensor.

I'm buggered if I can find it though.

Bex
That is just not very ladylike.......
Old 5th June 2013, 11:05 AM

Etka printout attached. Had a look at Elsawin but it's quite confusing as there's loads of different systems based on market and it assumes you know where to look to find the components of the system to a certain degree!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf d3 3.0tdi aircon circuit.pdf (198.5 KB, 486 views)

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 5th June 2013, 11:10 AM
Director at A8 Parts

As far as I can tell it will be the one on the radiator (condenser) at the front of the car.

I will try and post a picture - it is the silver and black item half way down on the left :

http://images.a8parts.co.uk/parts/2135.jpg

2001 TT 8N 1.8T Quattro with a loud exhaust!
2000 A8 D2 3.7Q Non Sport Ming Blue
1999 A8 D2 4.2Q Non Sport Santorin Blue
2002 A6 C5 Allroad 2.5 TDi Silver with Black Leather
2001 A2 1.4 TDi
2006 A6 C6 2.4 Quattro Avant Canyon Red

At Work to Drive:

1997 S8 Pearl White Solar Roof, Electric Heated Rear Seats, Blinds, Bose, Cruise, Headlamp Wash, Ski Hatch
1998 Audi Cabriolet 2.6, Air Con, Electric Roof, Leather, Hard Top, Headlight Wash
2008 Fiesta Sportvan x2
2002 Transit 2.4 LWB
2007 VW Crafter Recovery Truck
2013 VW Caddy Highline, DAB, Heated Seats, Touch Screen Stereo, Headlamp Wash and Webasto with Telestart
2010 RS6 Daytona Grey, Twin Pane, Sunroof, Adaptive Cruise, Soft Close and some extra horses.

At Work to Hire:

4x 6 Berth Sunlight Motorhomes
Old 5th June 2013, 11:25 AM

Yeah, item 4 in pic. Note part number isn't current - been superceded

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 11th May 2016, 08:27 PM

Would anyone have the correct colour sequence for the Air Con pressure sensor of this car please... I've just bought a sensor and connector with wires attached, however Audi supplied them all being yellow and the wiring diagrams available don't show which colours 1) Brown 2) red and white 3) yellow and white. Go with regards to the top to bottom of the sensor. Anyone who can show an image or a wiring diagram of the correct sequence will be of the most help ever.

Regards

Mark

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com
Old 30th May 2016, 09:14 PM

I think this may help... you can see the sensor on the middle right of the radiator

Currently:
2015 Audi A8 4H Sport Executive Quattro in Monsoon Grey
Old 2nd June 2016, 05:41 AM

Had one of these fail on my A4 (2006) just before I sold it to buy my A8.

You should find if the pressure sensor has faulted out then they should typically go short to ground as they break up. The plastic body on the back of the sensor goes brittle and breaks up, alloys moisture ingress and they die a slow painful death.

You should see that when it fails the car will default to 'eco' / 'econ' mode to stop the compressor engaging and it won't let you turn eco mode off so have a look in mmi see if it's doing that. If the sensor has gone faulty it'll tell you via a fault code too.

If you do change the sensor make sure you get a good spanner on the pipe before you try to remove the sensor from it. The pipes are aluminium and crazy crazy soft and will twist up so easily you don't want to risk rupturing it. If it does leak it's very illegal and worse still mad carcinogenic heavy gas so get the hell away from it if it goes.

Factory: finger print, tv, xenons, keyless entry & go, soft close boot, 19s, and probably lots more besides

Done: fixed headlight washer leak, fit Bluetooth in place of factory phone

To do: DAB, DTV, fix soft close boot, get a spare key, investigate NSF bushes,
Old 2nd June 2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artermis View Post
Had one of these fail on my A4 (2006) just before I sold it to buy my A8.

You should find if the pressure sensor has faulted out then they should typically go short to ground as they break up. The plastic body on the back of the sensor goes brittle and breaks up, alloys moisture ingress and they die a slow painful death.

You should see that when it fails the car will default to 'eco' / 'econ' mode to stop the compressor engaging and it won't let you turn eco mode off so have a look in mmi see if it's doing that. If the sensor has gone faulty it'll tell you via a fault code too.

If you do change the sensor make sure you get a good spanner on the pipe before you try to remove the sensor from it. The pipes are aluminium and crazy crazy soft and will twist up so easily you don't want to risk rupturing it. If it does leak it's very illegal and worse still mad carcinogenic heavy gas so get the hell away from it if it goes.

Hi so what does this mean I had the garage replace the sensor but this fault is still there would it be a duff sensor.1 Fault Found:
00819 - High Pressure Sensor (G65)
010 - Open or Short to Plus

cheers trev.