A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > IT, AV and other Tech

IT, AV and other Tech All computing, home cinema and technology that isnt car related

Old 2nd October 2015, 05:51 PM

Default Internet radio on my S8 - gold away from London

I have been trying to work out how to get Gold on my D3 S8 when I am out of range of the DAB transmission which is around 50 miles radius of London and is no longer on national DAB.

I have the Dension 500 iPod kit which came with the car, but could not make Bluetooth streaming work from Internet radio on my iPhone. Well, it turns out I should have read the instructions more closely. Selecting iPhone and running gold app works when connected to the cable.

Lo and behold, gold radio via Internet wherever I have a phone signal. Test run to Devon coming up.

Nice to find a zero cost solution after years of expensive audio mods, car computer and iPod/ DAB integration on E38 BMW before S8.

Richard
2006 Audi S8 V10 Now Sold. Akoya Silver with black/grey leather, standard 20" wheels, hybrid TV, Bang & Olufssen audio, Heated seats front and rear, Dension ipod integration, DAB radio, keyless entry, rear electric blind, bluetooth connection to Apple iphone6S. Started at 60,000 miles end April 12. Now 171,500 miles as at Oct 2017. Now sold to fellow forum member.
Old 2nd October 2015, 05:59 PM

Yes, I have all bit given up with DAB and use my iPhone's Airplay to a NEET Airplay to phono thing plugged into the TV aux in. It is ridiculous that I can listen to a radio station on a mobile phone with much better coverage and bitrate than on a dedicated radio system (DAB) that they are announcing a big switchover to.