A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Lights

D3 - Lights Headlights, xenons, foglights. Everything outside the car that glows

Old 20th February 2021, 12:03 PM

Default Fault code 01534 left headlight

Alright guys

Keep getting code 01534 control circuit for left headlight range adjusting motor v48 short to ground on my s8 d3 is this the level sensor on suspension arm or actual headlight that’s faulty ? Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 12:24 PM

Unfortunately it could be one of many things. First thing I'd check is the level sensor on the suspension arm. Has it become detached? Check the electrical connector for corrosion. Use your scan tool and go into the suspension module and check the sensors within that if you can. Assuming all those are okay, then most likely the motor itself, which I'm assuming is inside the headlight unit, like the D2 one. Check the connectors on that for corrosion. Again, use your scan tool and check the lights module and again try the output tests.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 20th February 2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazs8 View Post
Alright guys

Keep getting code 01534 control circuit for left headlight range adjusting motor v48 short to ground on my s8 d3 is this the level sensor on suspension arm or actual headlight that’s faulty ? Thanks
That's likely to be cracked wires in the headlight, common fault.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 20th February 2021, 01:41 PM

Thanks guys
Old 20th February 2021, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
That's likely to be cracked wires in the headlight, common fault.
The cracked wires in the headlight were specific to the adaptive light system AFS, as the wires were too tightly secured, and would eventually crack due to being bent back and forward.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 20th February 2021, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
The cracked wires in the headlight were specific to the adaptive light system AFS, as the wires were too tightly secured, and would eventually crack due to being bent back and forward.
I had this problem on my previous S8, almost bought a new unit at £1,200 then a mate found the wiring problem and fixed it for free

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra