A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 5th November 2015, 11:41 AM

Also have a look at mister-auto.
My original parts were TRW, so I bought TRW from mister-auto, when they came they were genuine VW/Audi but with the logo ground off.
Old 5th November 2015, 02:33 PM

thanks guys...

Originally I was planning to bought the stuff of Mister Auto and either go with Lemforder or TRW which I suppose cannot go 'wrong' quality wise.

What do you think of Febi Bilstein as some of their rods/control arms are 10-15% cheaper which would save us some money that can go towards labour cost. e.g. any good?

rgds
Old 5th November 2015, 03:46 PM

Try allgermanparts.co.uk but don't bother trying to use their web site as it looks like it's being rebuilt. They're pretty good by phone/e-mail.

Worth asking for prices on Meyle HD stuff and comparing to the best prices you can get from TPS for OEM parts.

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 6th November 2015, 12:52 AM

Can't you just use this..?

http://www.partscats.info/audi/en/?i=cat_vag_models

Is there some reason to download and mess with emulators? Can you put in a VIN then?
Old 6th November 2015, 06:43 AM

You can - that's based on Etka page dumps, but not sure how often it's updated?

I've used Etka offline for years and find it useful - especially as I have the updated price files so always know in advance whether a quoted price is a decent discount or not.

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 6th November 2015, 03:55 PM

cheers guys.

I know that TPS only does B2B and was wondering how could I get in touch with them for quotes as i'm a 'C' customer... or is there anything we could do through A8Parts?

Rgds
Old 6th November 2015, 04:51 PM

TPS will deal with anyone generally - if there's one local just pop in with the car and give them the reg and they'll give you prices. My local one is extremely helpful

Old 20th November 2015, 01:35 PM

I use Murrays at Hatfield, it's all OEM and way cheaper than Audi or TPS, their service is excellent as well
2012 Porsche 981 3.4S PDK mid life crisis!