A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Generic A8 / S8 forums > A8 / S8 Generic Posts

A8 / S8 Generic Posts All other useful info

Old 15th September 2009, 11:37 AM

Default NCP car parks

Parked my S8 at an NCP car park, came back later in the afternoon. The car had been moved by one of the attendants. Yes you've guessed it, there was a lovely dent dent on the lip of the front left wheel arch. They claim they never caused the damage, it must have been another vehicle.

£1,200.00 estimate, £350.00 excess, (I wont lose any no claims however). I am pi%%ed off.

Has this happened to anybody else here, will i be able to claim anything from NCP?, any feedback would be most welcome.

Incidentally I got the estimate done at Wayside Audi in Milton Keynes. The damage to my car is very minimal nevertheless I was worried that they might not be able to colour match etc etc. My fears were laid to rest when i saw a black R8 in their yard that looked like someone had been killed in it. (i.e. the front section was completley mangled, roof section damaged, rear section damaged, both airbags had gone off etc etc. The engineer told me is was repairable approx -- £30,000 worth of damage.

Last edited by Randolph; 15th September 2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 15th September 2009, 11:52 AM

Why did they move your car? Ask them to look at CCTV footage if they have it and if there was another car that hit it get its details. If not, it must have been them!
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 15th September 2009, 12:40 PM

I'd go with CCTV... If they want to be able to move the car, they need to be in a position to take reponsibility for it.

You left the car with them without damage, they moved it and now it has damage. I think they'd find it hard to fight it off.

I know.. I know..

Old 15th September 2009, 08:44 PM

Default barstewards!

Move quickly. Formal letter from solicitor. Ask for copies of cctv for period of parking (they'll claim it's copied over every 24/48 hours if you don't move quick). Get a proper damage assessment - aused by external impact or from being pulled?
Where they might say it's your job to prove they did it, it's equally their job to prove another car did, or they didn't.
'Ave 'em!
Old 15th September 2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randolph View Post
...My fears were laid to rest when i saw a black R8 in their yard that looked like someone had been killed in it. (i.e. the front section was completley mangled, roof section damaged, rear section damaged, both airbags had gone off etc etc. The engineer told me is was repairable approx -- £30,000 worth of damage.
Strange that...I've always been told that once a roof is damaged, the car is a write-off, as the structural integrity of the shell has been compromised

Maybe they can take the roof section out?