A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > Spotless

Spotless For all your cleaning discussions....

Old 5th April 2010, 09:08 AM

Default cleaning product prices

now as a proud owner of an audi s8 i would not normaly recomend buying anything from halfords. this may also sound like i have just got a new job in sales at halfords. the thing is over the past few weeks i have been looking at buying some detailing gear to give my car a good going over. i have looked at many detailing websites and product companies. i have sat down and worked out where i can get everything at the best price. i thought if i made up a list of everything that i need i would just go online find the best places and order the lot, even if it meant ordering from a load of different places. now after spending hours searching and trying to save a few pence i came across halfords website. at first glance they seamed to be more exspensive than other sites. as a direct comparison to the meguaires website all products were £1 each more exspensive. the bottom line is that halfords are doing all car cleaning proucts at 3 for the price of 2 and that changes everything. they are now the cheapest by far. its like for every 30 quid i spend i get a tenner back. so my list is made, my wallet is full and i am off to halfords
Old 5th April 2010, 09:24 AM

Guilty of using Halfrauds myself.. I usually wait until I pass one with the 3for2 sign in the window

Try and do it as multiple transactions to get the best discount as if it's done in a single transaction, you'll only get the 3 cheapest free.

I know.. I know..

Old 5th April 2010, 10:03 AM
UberSeniorChiefLibrarian

What he said. Group your buys by the 3 most expensive, next 3 etc. and so on and pay cash. Stick to Megs.

Watch it if you dare

Currently,
2000 S8, Merlin Purple, Leather Pack 1, Winter Pack 1, SPAX adjustable suspension, AP Racing 6 pot front caliper, 385mm fully floating disks, EBC Yellow Stuff Pads, Black Diamond grooved rear disks and predetor pads, D2 Doctors Brake Block.
1997 4.2 A8SQ - the Projekt. 12 years and ongoing!
1997 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. Restoration sat waiting; saved from the Scrapyard
2003 C5 Allroad 4.2Q - Cobolt Blue. Towing car. Laid up awaiting manual conversion.
2005 C5 Allroad 2.5TDi FE - Grey - Workhorse.
2015 Q3QS SLine - Daytona Grey. Lots of extras! Long Haired Admirals cutter.

Previously
2003 C5 A6 1.9TDI FWD - Loaner from D2 Doctor Lifex
1997 S8 - Ming Blue. Loaned out and written off. I loved that car. My first engine swap after cambelt failure.
1996 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. 178k on a cambelt! Trader's 8. Delivered to A8Parts at Lifex.
2003 2.8 A8SQ - powder blueish. Fill in for a while. Sold on.
1998 1.8T A4 Avant FWD. Ming Blue (there's a theme here), PEX for the 97 S8.
And a list of non VAG going back 40 years before I saw the light.

Last edited by Conan_the_Librarian; 5th April 2010 at 10:41 AM.
Old 5th April 2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenjoe90 View Post
now as a proud owner of an audi s8 i would not normaly recomend buying anything from halfords. this may also sound like i have just got a new job in sales at halfords. the thing is over the past few weeks i have been looking at buying some detailing gear to give my car a good going over. i have looked at many detailing websites and product companies. i have sat down and worked out where i can get everything at the best price. i thought if i made up a list of everything that i need i would just go online find the best places and order the lot, even if it meant ordering from a load of different places. now after spending hours searching and trying to save a few pence i came across halfords website. at first glance they seamed to be more exspensive than other sites. as a direct comparison to the meguaires website all products were £1 each more exspensive. the bottom line is that halfords are doing all car cleaning proucts at 3 for the price of 2 and that changes everything. they are now the cheapest by far. its like for every 30 quid i spend i get a tenner back. so my list is made, my wallet is full and i am off to halfords
Hi Darren,

My one is in need of some TLC too. Would you be able to share the products that you are going to be getting and what you plan on using them for.

I'm afraid that I’m a bit of a nubie when it comes to this stuff.

Cheers,

Niall

2000 A8 4.2 Quattro – Green, S8 18’s, Xenons, PhatBox, and loads of other toys.
Old 6th April 2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan_the_Librarian View Post
What he said. Group your buys by the 3 most expensive, next 3 etc. and so on and pay cash. Stick to Megs.
Nowt wrong with some AG products either
Old 1st May 2010, 03:00 PM

well hand has been in pocket and i have bought some detailing products. after the last few months of reading different posts on detailing audis i have made my choice. wouldn,t like to put a price on it but i am sure i have just done the best part of £500. some of the items i wont list cos i have bought them on ebay over the last few weeks and then decided not to use them.
my products of choice for washing are.
karcher k2.36 pressure washer
karcher foam lance
5ltr ph neutral snow foam
meguiars nxt generation car wash
meguiars microfibrer wash mit
meguiars water magnet microfiber drying towel.
my products for paintwork are
kesterel das6-pro 850watt dual action polisher
sonus pads from sfx-1 cutting pad through to sfx-4 final sealing pad
maguiars clay bar with quick detailer
menzerna power gloss heavy cut compound for my deep scratches
menzerna power finish medium cut compound
menzerna final finish light cut compound
prima amigo polymer-based glaze
prima epic synthetic wax for protection.
for the interior i have
gliptone gt12a liquid leather cleaner
gliptone gt11a liquid leather conditioner
1 gallon meguiras all purpose cleaner for carpets
meguiars quick interior detailer
303 aerospace protectant for door seals and rubber
meguiars nxt generation glass cleaner
meguiars nxt generation all metal polish for my shiney bits
for other exterior bits i have
meguiars high gloss hot shine tire spray
turtle wax extreme nano-tech wax for wheels
meguiars gold class trim detailer for my black bits

as well as these i have numerious microfiber cloths, brushes and applicators (gave my sponge to the kids to wash there bikes )

dont have a garage so all i need now is somewhere to do my car other than outside my house and a lot of elbow grease.