A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior

D2 - Interior Seats, dashboards, plastics, ventilation everything inside the cabin

Old 2nd February 2019, 09:05 PM

Default Isofix in pre-facelift s8

Hi does anybody have a picture of where the bolt holes are for isofix bars on a pre-facelift car? Are they covered with sound deadening or Should they be visible before I start hacking it off? It’s a 97 model, my 97 a4 has them so I assumed this would
Old 2nd February 2019, 09:35 PM

What makes you think they are there? Don't recall my PF S8 having them, but the FL does and that revamp was around 1999 and definitely included a redesign of the rear seat and safety anchorages, including an update from central lap belt to 3 full lap/diagonal seat belts.
Wikipedia:
Quote:
The ISOFIX system was developed jointly by child safety seat maker Britax-Römer and automobile maker VW, with the first compatible products released in 1997.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 2nd February 2019 at 09:41 PM.
Old 2nd February 2019, 09:42 PM

The mounting holes covered up with round bits of tape about 25mm diameter. They are easy to see with the rear seat base out. You don't have to remove any sound deadening to get to them.

I've fitted a couple of sets to PF cars although I'm not sure when they introduced the fittings.
Old 2nd February 2019, 09:59 PM

Thanks for the replies,I’ve looked for tape but I guess they’re not there as it’s too old, another reason I shouldn’t keep it
Old 3rd February 2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggle57 View Post
Hi does anybody have a picture of where the bolt holes are for isofix bars on a pre-facelift car? Are they covered with sound deadening or Should they be visible before I start hacking it off? It’s a 97 model, my 97 a4 has them so I assumed this would
Not specifically taken to show where the holes are, but check out the first few photos in this post of mine (specifically post #2):

Retrofitted Rear Blinds

You will see how the isofix bar is fixed in relationship to the back of the seat, and also overall with the back part removed.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 3rd February 2019, 11:31 AM

Presumably if there, they ought to be in the same place PF, but remember Sean's A8 is a facelift one - 3 full seat belts.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 3rd February 2019, 12:53 PM

They're all in the same place. Etka shows them fitting all D2s from 1994 so the holes should be there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	isofix_etka.JPG
Views:	308
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	20801  
Old 3rd February 2019, 04:00 PM

I remember having cars way before that (1980s even!) which had dedicated anchorage points for child restraints, though the actual fixings were usually with straps.
I've probably still got some of the straps and fixing bolts buried up in my loft....

ISOFIX doesn't specify (as far as I can tell) the actual anchorage points in the car body, more the bar that the seat latches onto and the spacing of the latches.

So, I'm guessing Audi designed in anchorage points for child restraints and then, once ISOFIX was agreed, a mounting bracket that fitted the existing anchorage points.
(I never needed child restraints in my PF S8 as my kids were all adult sized when I got it)

Last edited by HPsauce; 3rd February 2019 at 04:03 PM.
Old 3rd February 2019, 07:07 PM

Thanks For the replies, I’ve looked and poked about where they should be in relation to that backrest hole but no joy, must be a very early model before they decided to fit them I guess
Old 23rd February 2019, 11:56 AM

My 98 has them, which MJ fitted for me. Seems strange a 97 wouldn't. Assumed all had the holes?