A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Wheels and Tyres

D3 - Wheels and Tyres Refurbing, center caps, tyre brands, tyrefitters - discuss it here

Old 11th January 2019, 05:01 PM

Default Correct tyre size

I currently have winter tyres on (came with the car) and they are 265's. Reading a lot of posts here, 275's are mentioned a lot.

What is the correct (factory) size for a facelift S8 please?
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 11th January 2019, 09:27 PM

Default Pirelli P Zero 265 35 20

Hi Homer,

I ran a D3 S8 for over 100,000 miles and always ran 265 35 20 tyres, mainly Pirelli P Zero.

I have 4 left over from then, 2 off with 5 mm, 2 with 7mm (less than 1000 miles) which I never got round to selling. They are located in RG42 and I am happy to offer them for £250 if you are interested. Collection only please.

Regards

Richardracer (still watching)
07879 432887
2006 Audi S8 V10 Now Sold. Akoya Silver with black/grey leather, standard 20" wheels, hybrid TV, Bang & Olufssen audio, Heated seats front and rear, Dension ipod integration, DAB radio, keyless entry, rear electric blind, bluetooth connection to Apple iphone6S. Started at 60,000 miles end April 12. Now 171,500 miles as at Oct 2017. Now sold to fellow forum member.
Old 12th January 2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer simpson View Post
I currently have winter tyres on (came with the car) and they are 265's. Reading a lot of posts here, 275's are mentioned a lot.

What is the correct (factory) size for a facelift S8 please?
It depends on the homologation code of the car, that is given by the factory.
My S8 FL comes from factory with 275/35's , and this size is described in the documentation of the car, with the other sizes compatible (265/35/20 and others). My car is imported from Germany.
Last month, I imported other S8 FL for a friend of mine, with the manufacturing date very close to mine and 265/35 fitted from factory. During the process to legalize it in Spain, I realised that the homologation code was different from mine, and that code didn't allow to fit 275/35 wheels. Believe it or not.... but it's like that.

Best regards
Audi S8 D3 Facelift 2008. Phantom black pearl effect, Ceramic Brakes, 20 x 9J ‘7-arm twin-spoke’ design polished rims, ACC, Auxiliary heater, Side assist, Rear & side electrical blinds, Audi Parking System Advanced, Power boot, Soft close, Kessy, Auto dimming mirrors, Solar sunroof with photovoltaic cells, Bluetooth and Mobile phone with handset, Side & rear laminated glass, Leather & trim package 3, Bose 6000, Audi Music Interface, Digital TV & Radio, TPMS, Rear Climatronic, Front confort seats heated, ventilated & massage, Heated & electrically adjustable rear seats, Through-load facility, Tyre Mobility System & 19" spare wheel, Fridge, Alcantara package, Homelink, External lighting package.

Wish list: B&O sound system, Rear ventilation + massage, RSE, MMI remote
Old 12th January 2019, 06:23 PM

Thank you gents. If I looked harder I could answer my own questions lol.

Pulling the spec from the brochure, it stated 275 in the Feb '09 version however, my spec sheet from the VIN shows Option HL9 Tires: Tires 265/35 R20 99Y x1 so that confirms why I have 265's on them.

@richardracer, I may take you up on this if I am down your way in the near future, but currently I am 100 odd miles away in the midlands!
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder