A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Fuel and Exhausts

D3 - Fuel and Exhausts Everything to do with getting fuel into the engine, and fumes back out again

Old 19th April 2016, 01:48 PM

Well I finally got some changes done yesterday, after some prior discussion with Conquistador (Cheers Oli ) regarding his silencer modification. It seemed too good an opportunity to miss while I was having the tailpipes renewed so I went for the silencer removal at the same time. The silencers in question being the mid pair before the back boxes. I happened to find that the exhaust was cracked just after the nearside one, so that was sorted at the same time.

I wanted the tailpipes to be as near OEM as possible but had to accept they wouldn't have the same profile, but I thnk they look great. The originals were cut off at the box and new straight sections fitted, with the tailpipes fitted to them. The originals have strange twists in them to accomodate the valves for the flaps and the hanging bracket so they made and fitted a new hanging bracket to each one so the pipes could be straight, which made the job a lot easier, and neater. They're Longlife tailpipes, I could have went for slightly larger (there's room) but didn't want to increase the chances of them catching at any point so I'm happy with what I decided upon

The look is what I wanted, and it's got rid of those shabby tailpipes, they'd bugged me since I bought the car over two years ago. These won't be allowed to be anything but carbon free and shiny. The added bonus, the noise, what a difference, the beast has been unleashed!! It's still as refined as ever in the car but I can't stop driving around with the window down, just so I can hear the roar, it's awesome.

I've added some pics of the old and new set up, let me know your thoughts gents. I've also got a short video to share, hopefully that will upload too. So, for around a quarter of the price I was quoted for a Miltek I reckon I've got something now that looks and sounds just as nice, if not better
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160417_134951_resized.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	466.6 KB
ID:	13186   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160417_135022_resized.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	571.8 KB
ID:	13187   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160418_202233_resized.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	13188   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160419_100216_resized.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	13189   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160418_202156_resized.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	290.0 KB
ID:	13190  
Attached Files
File Type: mp4 20160419_101035_001_001.mp4 (15.70 MB, 446 views)

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra

Last edited by Norretal; 19th April 2016 at 01:54 PM.
Old 19th April 2016, 02:12 PM

Awesome.....sound clip is a must you know :-)
Old 19th April 2016, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borys View Post
Awesome.....sound clip is a must you know :-)
Look at the attachment below the photos

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 19th April 2016, 06:33 PM

:-) upps my bad
Old 19th April 2016, 09:41 PM

Where did you get those Vredstein Ultrac Sessanta tyres from?? I thought they stopped making them or they were like rocking horse to get hold of??

Gorgeous exhaust though. Nice sound and very very OEM look. Love it
Old 19th April 2016, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee S View Post
Where did you get those Vredstein Ultrac Sessanta tyres from?? I thought they stopped making them or they were like rocking horse to get hold of??

Gorgeous exhaust though. Nice sound and very very OEM look. Love it
Very observant Lee, I bought them two years ago for those wheels which I fitted to my D2. They're not a bad tyre for grip but I wouldn't go mental in the rain with them on the car. I didn't realise they were scarce now, did they stop production? I bought those online from MyTyres, very competitive on price they were at the time

As for the exhaust, I'm very happy with the choice and the changes, took it out again tonight for a further review and it brought more big smiles, I'd recommend the same changes to anyone with an S8

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 19th April 2016, 11:29 PM

looks and sounds very nice Ron

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey
Old 20th April 2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norretal View Post
Very observant Lee, I bought them two years ago for those wheels which I fitted to my D2. They're not a bad tyre for grip but I wouldn't go mental in the rain with them on the car. I didn't realise they were scarce now, did they stop production? I bought those online from MyTyres, very competitive on price they were at the time

As for the exhaust, I'm very happy with the choice and the changes, took it out again tonight for a further review and it brought more big smiles, I'd recommend the same changes to anyone with an S8
wow, that sounds really nice, very impressed!

I've used Vredesden Ultrac Sessantas on both my S4s and I run Vredesden Quatrac's on the cabriolet (which went through snow two years ago on them during a european rally - very impressive)

I believe that the Sessantas are now replaced by the Vorti, which are meant to be an improvement, which is good because I concur about the rain, and also the sliding during the first 500 miles in the dry where the coating wears off.
Old 20th April 2016, 10:08 PM

Interesting side story to the work I had done on Monday. I chose a place a few miles from me and had every confidence in them after a prolonged discussion last week. I took the car on Monday morning intending to walk home and get a lift to collect it later. I'd changed my mind since my last visit and wanted the silencers removed so when I got there he put it on the lift and we talked through what I wanted and expected, job sorted.

He asked how I was getting home, walking was my intention, so he offered me his Q7, which I duly accepted. Six hours later I go to collect the S8 having given the Q7 a wash and a once over and find I've been given a tidy little discount on the work done, great result all round and an example of how business should be done

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 20th April 2016, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norretal View Post
He offered me his Q7, which I duly accepted. Six hours later I go to collect the S8 having given the Q7 a wash and a once over and find I've been given a tidy little discount on the work done, great result all round and an example of how business should be done
How many points have you offered him?