A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 5th March 2020, 06:31 AM

Default Rear suspension top mounts

Could anyone point me in the right direction for some rear suspension mounts? Part number 4D0 512 169 D doesn't bring anything up. Do these look right?

Old 5th March 2020, 07:26 AM

I'm in the process of Re-bushing my whole rear end and have one side completely stripped. I don't recognise the part in your picture though. When you say "top mount", what actually do you mean? There is a top mount for the spring, and a bottom one for that matter. There is also a top mount for the shock absorber. I'm not 100‰ sure but I don't think this is available any more.
Old 5th March 2020, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spannerrash View Post
I'm in the process of Re-bushing my whole rear end and have one side completely stripped. I don't recognise the part in your picture though. When you say "top mount", what actually do you mean? There is a top mount for the spring, and a bottom one for that matter. There is also a top mount for the shock absorber. I'm not 100‰ sure but I don't think this is available any more.
Sorry, I meant shock absorbers top mount. Have rear shockers on the way and I always replace mounts too but can't seem to find these.
Old 5th March 2020, 10:14 AM

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/oem/4d0512169d
Old 5th March 2020, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Thanks, but seems like both are out of stock. Is it possible to replace just the actual rubber mount?
Old 5th March 2020, 10:29 AM

Mmm I've been googling the Sachs and Lemforder numbers and no one has stock anywhere that I can find. D2 only so they will be NLA from Audi too.

I am fairly sure the rubber is bonded in the housing. Its not listed as a separate part. I'll be in the workshop in a bit so I'll have a look.

Tbh they don't seem to wear out so I wouldn't lose any sleep over re-using them. They have a fairly easy life with just the damper attached to them rather than a complete strut and they're tucked away out of the weather.
Old 7th March 2020, 01:04 PM

I went through this last year with mine. Upper rear shock mounts are NLA from everywhere. I ended up reusing my originals because they were in decent shape and I simply couldn't find replacements anywhere.

https://forums.quattroworld.com/a8/msgs/112534.phtml
1992 Corrado
2001 S8
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition
Old 7th March 2020, 03:10 PM

Try contacting the following two sites, as both show them as being available. Normally, when I do a search for an item and they don't have it, it comes back and states it can't be found.

www.carparts-pros.com/index.php

https://eu.e-acca.com/

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 9th March 2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
Try contacting the following two sites, as both show them as being available. Normally, when I do a search for an item and they don't have it, it comes back and states it can't be found.

www.carparts-pros.com/index.php

https://eu.e-acca.com/
"In stock" rarely means "on the shelf" these days. So many companies keep little inventory in stock and instead will just order the item when you order it from them. It's all part of cost cutting "just in time" inventory. And rarely do they go through and verify whether they are still able to order something or not until somebody tries to order it from them.

I ordered the mounts from 6 different companies last year. All 6 happily took my money, and then ended up sending me a refund when they found that they weren't able to order them.
1992 Corrado
2001 S8
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition