A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Fuel and Exhausts

D2 - Fuel and Exhausts Everything to do with getting fuel into the engine, and fumes back out again

Old 7th July 2021, 08:47 AM
Banned

I have reinstalled the pump again yesterday, no idea if I managed to get the nozzle for the left side of the tank in... There was no feel or sound of it clicking into place, I just once again followed the service manual instructions word for word, if it said to do it in a funny hat naked i would...

Since the tank is full and I couldnt position the camera properly to see it, the only way is to carry some spare fuel in the boot and try to get the fuel in the tank down to 0....

The fuel system is in my opinion the worst part to work on the D2, I am just working blind..

Last edited by Ronin; 7th July 2021 at 08:54 AM.
Old 7th July 2021, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I have reinstalled the pump again yesterday, no idea if I managed to get the nozzle for the left side of the tank in... There was no feel or sound of it clicking into place, I just once again followed the service manual instructions word for word, if it said to do it in a funny hat naked i would...

Since the tank is full and I couldnt position the camera properly to see it, the only way is to carry some spare fuel in the boot and try to get the fuel in the tank down to 0....

The fuel system is in my opinion the worst part to work on the D2, I am just working blind..
Have you checked out this chap on youtube?
https://youtu.be/7TVwYspbFC4
Audi S8 2002 FE Avus Silver / Extended Red Leather.
Daily Driver: BMW 3 series GT - Just more practical for my camping trips!
Old 7th July 2021, 12:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strummagnet View Post
Have you checked out this chap on youtube?
https://youtu.be/7TVwYspbFC4
Yep I've followed the video the first time I've done it, for the second attempt I used only the service manu as it was a lot more exact, I'll just have to wait and see.

If this fails I'll be returning rear subframe soon so might as well pull the tank out and do it that way..