A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 19th July 2023, 04:33 PM

Default For Sale: 2010 Audi A8 D4 4.2 TDi - £6500

Hi,

I currently have my Audi A8 up for sale on eBay. It previously "sold" on an eBay auction for £7600 but the buyer kept making excuses regarding payment, so I relisted it as a classified advert at £7500 for a quick sale. Unfortunately I have been inundated with scam messages and calls to the point of removing my contact details from the advert.

Good bits:

- Early D4 model (2010)
- Good overall interior/exterior condition
- 12 months MOT performed last week with no advisories (July 2024)
- Xenon lights, 20" wheels
- Air suspension raises and lowers correctly, maintains pressure
- Full Audi service history until 2018 (serviced myself annually since then)
- New Varta battery fitted in May 2023
- No warning lights (except for an adaptive cruise control warning, possibly an issue with the radar)
- Engine/gearbox drives smoothly
- Private plate included (P40 ***)

Bad bits:

- High miles, 175k
- Cat N repaired (hydrolocked engine in December 2021 - a Range Rover driving towards me through a slightly flooded section of road sent water into my intake - no water entered the cabin). I purchased the salvage back from the insurance company and had a replacement engine fitted last year at a cost of £6,400 (allegedly from a 2013 car with 60k miles but can't confirm this)
- Popup MMI screen makes a grinding sound when raising and lowering, although it still opens and closes smoothly every time despite the noise.
- The engine has recently developed a slight whining noise on acceleration (seems to be linked to RPM rather than road speed). It sounds similar to the S8 in the following video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sVxx1XFGj4

Selling because I have only driven 1000 miles over the last 12 months due to working from home and I already own 3 cars.

Whilst the eBay advert lists the car at £7500, I am offering it for £6500 to forum members. This is the cheapest D4 4.2 TDi in the country by a considerable margin - I don't have time to investigate the problems mentioned above myself at this time, and this is reflected in the low price. Everything has been described as honestly as I can.

Advert link below:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285351152707

Located in the Manchester area. Please message if you're interested.

Thanks