A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items

For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items For the personal sale of Vw/Audi parts, tools, vouchers, accessories, anything that isn't an actual car. Absolutely no commercial listings or breaking / bulk / repeated sale of parts or services.

Old 30th October 2021, 06:18 PM

Default Facelift HP2 calipers for rebuild

Hi all,

I have a pair of facelift HP2 calipers which need a rebuild - free if anyone wants them, otherwise they go for scrap. Just cover the postage

MJ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211030_183533.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	375.3 KB
ID:	27383  
Old 30th October 2021, 07:51 PM

I have a pair that also look rather like that - are they really potentially just scrap MJ? That doesn't sound very like you ...is the cost of refurb prohibitive?

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 30th October 2021, 08:34 PM

I don't see A8s very often so I have no need for cores for refurb. If I did get one in, I'd get its original calipers refurbished.

Plus on my own A8s I will replace the HP2s with the D3 single-piston equivalent as they are simpler, lighter, don't squeak, and have more pad options.

They may be useful for someone who wants to get a set refurbed for a simple swap-over without having to take the car offline for a week
Old 31st October 2021, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
I don't see A8s very often so I have no need for cores for refurb. If I did get one in, I'd get its original calipers refurbished.

Plus on my own A8s I will replace the HP2s with the D3 single-piston equivalent as they are simpler, lighter, don't squeak, and have more pad options.

They may be useful for someone who wants to get a set refurbed for a simple swap-over without having to take the car offline for a week
Is it a simple swap for the D3 equivalent? If so can you supply part numbers?
Audi S8 2002 FE Avus Silver / Extended Red Leather.
Daily Driver: BMW 3 series GT - Just more practical for my camping trips!
Old 31st October 2021, 12:34 PM

This set would be ideal for those who want to have a go at pulling apart and replacing the seals etc but don't want to potentially screw up their own caliper lol. Good to practice a refurb on
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 31st October 2021, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strummagnet View Post
Is it a simple swap for the D3 equivalent? If so can you supply part numbers?
Yes, bolt-on. D3 3.0 TDI up to 4E-5-003250 use the D2 323mm disc and a single piston caliper. 4E0615123A and 4E0615124A. The only mod needed is the pad wear sensor, which could either be swapped to the later style connector, or just bypassed. Other than that, they're a straight swap for the HP2 with original D2 discs.

For anything of mine with HP2s, I'll swap for this setup. We did the same on Mike's Allroad too, but with the A6 carriers.