A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > Other marques

Other marques All non Audi other cars

Old 8th July 2015, 09:11 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Then some dodgy fella left a note on it while it was parked in Portsmouth dock yard with his phone number and telling me to have a look at this forum.
And 2000 posts later, you're still here!

Who was the dodgy fella?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
Ronin...
lol Ronin was the only reason?

I hadn't actually seen Ronin until a few years into owning '8s, despite owning 2 of the co-star cars (Citroen XMs). Action movies aren't really my thing, but when I heard about Ronin and the S8, I decided to watch it. So for me it was the other way around; I didn't buy the car because I watched Ronin, rather I watched Ronin because I bought the car.

Now I want a Ronin case.
------------------------------------------------------

Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 8th July 2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post
lol Ronin was the only reason?

Now I want a Ronin case.
It was the trigger, though I'd been a big fan of the old 100CS (my father had one, which I used to drive, given half a chance..). I then spent 5 years (!) test driving them till I found the right one.

I'd also like a case - but only one where paint doesn't come off

Errr…and I'd also quite like a Natascha McElhone too..
Old 8th July 2015, 09:24 AM

lol, Deirdre, right?

Strange choice of name for the part of a tough hard-woman I thought.

Whoever chose 'Deirdre' obviously hadn't watched Coronation Street (not that I ever have, mind you. Hate soaps with a passion!).

Cars Owned:
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 8th July 2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post
And 2000 posts later, you're still here!

Who was the dodgy fella?
It wouldn't be right for me to name him but UberSeniorChiefLibrarian leaving his phone number on another man's car http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/attachmen...1&d=1436352684
Attached Images

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 8th July 2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
It wouldn't be right for me to name him but UberSeniorChiefLibrarian leaving his phone number on another man's car http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/attachmen...1&d=1436352684
and he's still dodgy even today!
Drives a Murple car I believe

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 8th July 2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzy View Post

Cars Owned:

Old 15th July 2015, 02:47 PM

My first A8 in 2006 was a silver 4.2 '99 FL. A test drive in a 3.7 (no disrepect to the 3.7 owners on here) confirmed that I'd made the right choice. I've always wanted an A8 and am somewhat blind when it comes to the costs. I know other people in my social circle that seem to buy cars for economy, usability blah blah zzzz but for me, it had to be an A8. I just love the design of the car and was hooked the first time I saw one. I never dreamt that I'd be driving one years later.

I bought my current car in 2011 after my return from Uruguay. After having owned the SWB last time, I went for the LWB as I think the lines just look and flow better, and the proportions are just right. It tested my wallet last year with a 3K box rebuild but I can't see myself buying another car for a long time. The old girl is currently having Boge fitted all round as the ride was getting a bit agricultural (bouncy castle) in order for me to take my father up to the Lake District for a 'bucket list' adventure; his words, not mine I hasten to add.

One final thing worth mentioning - I was reversing out of the drive recently, and a man walking along the road gesticulated to me. I pulled over and he couldn't stop staring and looking on in admiration saying that this was his dream car. That was me about 10 years ago. I told him to start saving money for the petrol
Old 16th July 2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_quattro View Post
One final thing worth mentioning - I was reversing out of the drive recently, and a man walking along the road gesticulated to me. I pulled over and he couldn't stop staring and looking on in admiration saying that this was his dream car. That was me about 10 years ago. I told him to start saving money for the petrol
I've had more comments of admiration about my D2s than any other vehicle I've owned or driven, including some much newer and far more expensive vehicles. And yet they're by no means a beautiful car, in my opinion. Someone once described my present car as 'very sharp', and I think 'sharp' is a good word to describe them. They have a lot of 'presence' and they have tidy lines that make them very handsome cars, though they can look stunning after a bit of spit and polish.

Cars Owned: