A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 22nd December 2020, 02:35 PM

Default Christmas Greetings

Just because I am officially now an old man of 81, I want to live up to the designation of being a miserable grumpy tightwad.
No cards, no stamps, no envelope licking and no walk to the postbox.

May I wish you all a Very Merry Xmas and Happy New Year.

From the bottom of my empty toy sack.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 22nd December 2020, 03:10 PM

Hearty wishes for a happy Christmas everyone, especially Ray with his empty sack (I guess that's an age thing too)
And a healthy Phew Year. Roll on 2021
Old 22nd December 2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4332 View Post
the designation of being a miserable grumpy...
I think the majority of us are all in this boat to some degree, but the main thing as Nick says is to have a...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
a healthy Phew Year. Roll on 2021
Perhaps it may be apt to say that hopefully we can look back on 2020 with... hindsight

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 22nd December 2020, 05:19 PM

Seasons greetings to you Ray and all the forum members. May 2021 bring health and happiness to all ..
Especially to the grumpy old gits
Old 23rd December 2020, 11:39 AM

Merry Christmas to you too Ray and everyone else!
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)

Old 23rd December 2020, 12:22 PM

Merry Christmas all - I'm particularly looking forward to waving goodbye to 2020 - it has been a particularly sh@t year for me and my family, so looking forward to this 2 weeks off and watching the Brexit cluster-f@ck from an adjacent County (sorry Kent!)

I've alluded to my health issues this year elsewhere, but getting to the end of the year feels like a big win!

After being diagnosed with cancer in February, having survived an operation the week of the first lockdown in March (to remove 6" of my bowel and a bloody great big tumour that was blocking most of it), then 3 months of chemo through the summer, and then another operation in late September to remove a quarter of my liver where the cancer had decided to bugger off to and take up residence (and 4 more tumours within) I'm feeling rather fortunate to actually see Christmas! I may not be drinking and making merry as much as I might have in previous years, but looking back at last Christmas and the early part of this year I'm just grateful to still be here, as I really wasn't sure if I would be!

Been given the 'all clear' now, although subject to the usual 5 years of poking and prodding me to make sure it doesn't reappear.......I have some excellent scars to remind me of the year - attacked by a shark has been my favourite suggestion if anyone asks me about them when on holiday

Take care of yourselves, and your loved ones, and let us hope our inept leaders can manage to get the vaccine out in sufficient numbers to allow us to resume something like a normal life (and in my case, give my mum a nice cuddle while she still remembers who I am!)

Adrian

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 23rd December 2020, 06:50 PM

You have been through a lot this year Adrian to say the least. All that AND the threat of Covid. Glad to to hear you're on the mend
Enjoy your xmas and i wish you a happier new year!
Old 23rd December 2020, 08:51 PM

Really glad to hear of your very good prognosis Adrian.
I had a similar big scare some ten years back but with Acute Pancreatitis, thank God it wasn't the big C.
Eventually repaired with Gall Bladder removal, though no scars, done by keyhole surgery.
I never did manage to visit you in Gatwick but that job did come to an end sooner than expected.
Stay safe

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 23rd December 2020, 09:20 PM

Best wishes Adrian, I knew you'd been through a rough time but didn't know it was as much as that!
Thanks for all your help and advice in the past and hopefully I'll see you again sometime in 2021.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 23rd December 2020, 11:34 PM

Greetings to All! Good to hear your winning battle Adrian and pray all things good 2021. I get a lot of emails from cancer research and it’s amazing the amount of work they are doing.
Everybody be safe and be lucky

SOLD. Audi A8L 4.2TDI Silver 2006

Seat Ibiza 1.4tdi Eco 2008 Silver (£0 Tax)sold

NO VCDS rely on Neeldub