A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D4 > D4 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D4 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 10th May 2016, 03:35 PM

Thanks Adrian

there is a P HN+_EU_AU_P0065

i suspect your right, there is no "google" in the nav settings, looks like i need an MMI update, can i go straight to the latest version or do i have to work my way up.

Nav is 8R0060884R ECE 5.11.6, looks old compared to yours, probably also 2010, as Oscar believes you dont need to update maps anymore, thinks its auto downloaded when you have online services.
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 10th May 2016, 04:21 PM

I'd go step by step - IT may chip in based on recent experience but generally fairly straightforward to do. A backup power supply is recommended

Don't think you're local as would offer assistance if you were?

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 10th May 2016, 05:05 PM

thats going to be a long job, i count 7 updates in between mine and the latest

A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 10th May 2016, 06:12 PM

If its any help, My 2011 D4 had version K0097 when I bought the car. I just got my local dealer to update the MMI to K0770. This took them over 2 hours and was done using the dealer supplied SD card. They billed me for an hours labour which was decent. I have posted the details previously in the D4 Sat Nav section of the forum.
Unfortunately Oscar is wrong about the Sat Nav updates being free. In fact it appears quite expensive to have done which is why I havent bothered.

Last edited by Joe2.0E; 10th May 2016 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10th May 2016, 06:43 PM

The dealer did it With the sd card ?

so if you were on 0097 (oh yes it is, was hiding), that isnt in the list of ones to update, maybe its possible to go straight up to the latest as your dealer did. I thought if the dealer did it they would use the VAS at least, but if they defo used the sd cards.....

Last edited by limoncello; 10th May 2016 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10th May 2016, 08:13 PM

been reading around the net, dangerous i know. But

there are some opinions that the route to the latest 0900 is to to go to 0770 first if your current version is less than that.

ie cutting out the requirement for all the earlier versions.

Old 10th May 2016, 08:38 PM

I just wouldn't risk it tbh. I've prob got the full set of updates here and nav maps can be done now too

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 10th May 2016, 08:45 PM

i have the updates, and the new maps, there is a risk to doing any update, for me this will be probably 7 hours of updating, 7 times the risk

naturally im not going to just jump in without hearing that someone has done this already. but i would be very happy with one update to 0770 at the moment.

if theres a risk to it, im quite happy to pay audi an hours work to get it done

i think they owe me a favour anyway

Old 10th May 2016, 08:49 PM

Firmware updates aren't usually that long - I'd wait for IT to chip in when he reads this

Old 10th May 2016, 08:53 PM

he is on 770 so im guessing he has done the update