A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Body and Exterior

D2 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 13th April 2018, 11:13 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle
Default Phone aerial

Now, this sounds like a strange request, but can anyone post a photo of an original phone aerial (not the retractable radio aerial) on the n/s rear wing?

The reason I ask is that mine was fitted with a stubby aerial, which I’ve never liked that much, when I bought it and it’s now broken off. I’ve drilled out and re-tapped the broken thread and fitted a new ‘original style’ aerial from flea bay. But it doesn’t look quite right where it joins the wing fittment, so I may have to re-think it if it’s not as it should be.

Thanks, Jim
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 13th April 2018, 11:23 AM

Here y'go Jim, (I'll let you rotate the image), but shout if the image quality isn't high enough, and I'll send you the original...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S8 original phone aerial.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	887.8 KB
ID:	18423  

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 13th April 2018, 11:40 AM

Brilliant - an answer in 10 minutes! Thanks loads. The aerial is the problem - just gonna call our sponsors!
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 13th April 2018, 11:48 AM

But they don’t have one

So, if anyone out there has one surplus to requirements.......
Old 13th April 2018, 12:05 PM

I have one sitting in the shed doing nothing. It’s just the aerial though and not the base.

Yours if you want it 👍🏽

1988 E30 Coupe - Royalblau Metallic

2003 S4 Avant - Light Silver Mettalic

2016 S5 Coupe Black Edition - Ibis White

Old 13th April 2018, 12:14 PM

That’s just what I need Mark - brilliant! The base is fine, but the ‘genuine’ flea bay aerials are a different shape at the bottom - they flare out so they’re wider than the aerial base in the wing. Just let me know the price and, hopefully, I’ll see you soon at a reccy for the meet - my Dad’s affairs should be sorthed by 23 April all being well!
Old 13th April 2018, 01:08 PM

Not sure if the above post was intended for me or not?

1988 E30 Coupe - Royalblau Metallic

2003 S4 Avant - Light Silver Mettalic

2016 S5 Coupe Black Edition - Ibis White

Old 13th April 2018, 02:58 PM

Sorry, the black '8 through me; I thought it was Mark's!

Yes, if you PM me bank details I'll transfer the aerial cost plus postage and let you have an address.