A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 10th September 2018, 06:08 PM

Default Bluetooth drops connections, pops and bangs and restarts

Anyone had this? Is it as simple as just replacing the BT module under the carpet in the footwell, or is there more to it?

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.
Old 31st January 2019, 12:43 AM

Yes, I put it down to being old technology not mixing well with new. It seems to squeak, pop and crash and you can hear it click as it restarts. Certain apps that can output to handsfree BT audio such as Waze seem to trigger it more than others, maybe they are sending other events than audio that are not supported and thus unhandled.
Old 31st January 2019, 09:20 PM

It’s not just me then!!! I wonder if it’s my Tune2Air dongle in the AMI playing havoc.

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.
Old 31st January 2019, 09:33 PM

Strange things happen with these cars.
I swapped my telephone holder/charger for one to fit my new phone.
Now, not always though, this charger cuts out and immediately back in every 30 seconds or so.
When I select reverse the charger cuts out until I deselect the going backwards gear.
Also when I select reverse the reverse view camera just gives me a load of rubbish but occasionally works OK.
Trouble is all the connections are a glove box out jobbie so I'm afraid it will be a while before I can fix it. Won't catch me working on a car in this weather.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 31st January 2019, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmed View Post
Anyone had this? Is it as simple as just replacing the BT module under the carpet in the footwell, or is there more to it?
I found if you have >1 Bluetooth device (including the Audi phone module) on the go, they cross-talk and create dropouts. I have turned the factory Bluetooth off in mine, and have a BT receiver/FM transmitter that now connects perfectly first-time and allows music streaming in addition to handling the phone.

It also sounds better (almost approaching "Meh", even ) than the internal disk - playing the same thing over both sources for comparison.

I guess the radio has a boost to the amp line somewhere? So the HDD is now redundant like the internal phone handset, the CD player and the satnav.

It's not the option I would usually settle for - I would have got a proper job done and retrofitted AMI or put a source into the TV AV1/2 - but ultimately my entry-level sound is always going to be poor so no point.