A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Generic car items

For Sale and Wanted - Generic car items For the personal sale of non Vw/Audi parts, tools, vouchers, accessories, anything that isn't an actual car. Absolutely no commercial listings or breaking / bulk / repeated sale of parts or services.

Old 4th November 2015, 08:54 PM

Default Tyre For Sale: Michelin Pilot Alpin 245/45R18

A single Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3 245/45R18 100V XL (Extra Load). More than 7mm tread, asymmetric not rotational.
Date code 2207 so a few years old. Been on my spare winter wheel for a while so has been either in storage or my boot for a few years.

This will be coming off in about 2 weeks time as all my other winter tyres are Pirelli and I'm making them a more consistent set then.

Beer money if you collect. Or if I have to drive to meet you, buy me lunch!
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 4th November 2015 at 10:38 PM.
Old 4th November 2015, 10:07 PM

Is it a PA4 or 3 Andrew? - if it's the former, then I may be interested (I'll have to check if I've got 4 or 5 PA4s already…)
Old 4th November 2015, 10:39 PM

PA3, took a bit of finding in the dark with a torch! Also noticed "Extra Load". First post updated.
PA3 and PA4 are both non-rotational but the tread patterns are somewhat different, though that wouldn't be enough to bother me if it was just a spare.

My current winter spare is actually a different brand (this Michelin vs four Pirellis) which was OK as a "get you home".
After my "upgrade" the spare will be a one older version Pirelli Sottozero Winter 240 with just a slightly different tread to the main four. (Serie I spare vs Serie II fitted)
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 5th November 2015 at 10:00 AM.
Old 24th November 2015, 05:24 PM

Sorry, no longer available as it's back in my boot on the spare!

Tyre fitter came today and the part-worn Pirelli I had bought turned out to have a hole in it! Right on the shoulder so not fixable. And not even visible to the naked eye until you knew where it was. No obvious debris in the hole either.

Sold to me as undamaged so maybe something happened during shipment?
Anyway I've started the eBay refund process and we'll see how that goes.....
Old 7th December 2015, 11:11 AM

Well I got my refund with even a murmur and my tyre fitter disposed of the tyre for me.
Funny thing is I can't find any more of these tyres, the only ones available are all runflats, mostly from BMW's.

Fair number of the Winter 240 Series I around, but not the Series II which I have on 3 wheels.....
(only a minor tread difference, but I'd prefer 100% consistency)