Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Owners Meets

Owners Meets Any info for any meetings, events, track days

Old 5th April 2018, 06:24 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookes3030 View Post
Just for the day as I’m local
Great! ... and Welcome to the forum!

We've not finalised the itinerary yet (so I'm not completely sure of the times) but, if you're coming on the Saturday you might wanna get there by about 9am at the latest. We should be setting off (in convoy) some time after 10am.
------------------------------------------------------

Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 7th April 2018, 08:11 AM

Thanks for orgaising - We hope to come for the daytrip and it is relatively local for us.
Old 7th April 2018, 08:26 AM

Looks like we are in for another good meet this year.
Thanks for organising it.
We are also relatively local, just tother side of Manchester, but I do like my hotel breccy.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 13th April 2018, 11:46 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

EXTRA ROOMS!

Good news for those not booked in to the Durker Roods Hotel: I’ve just spoken to them and they have warned the other guests that we’ll be there - and they’ve booked another weekend instead! So there are 4 additional rooms avaiable: 2 doubles, one twin and one family room.

You can not book these on line as they are all reserved for us so, if you want a room, please call 01484 851 413. Chrissy is the best contact to ask for, but she’s not always there - just explain that it’s for the Audi A8 Meeting.

Or you can send me a PM with your details and I’ll book it for you.
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 13th April 2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Laird View Post
EXTRA ROOMS!

Good news for those not booked in to the Durker Roods Hotel: I’ve just spoken to them and they have warned the other guests that we’ll be there
Have we now garnered that sort of reputation that hotels are 'warning' guests of our impending invasion!

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 13th April 2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
EXTRA ROOMS!

So there are 4 additional rooms avaiable: 2 doubles, one twin and one family room.
I've just asked to change my booking from a double to a family so there should be 3 doubles and 1 twin available now.

EDIT: Just called and sounds like the family room will still be available as they have already allocated me to one (room 38 I think).
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)

Last edited by pete-p; 13th April 2018 at 03:23 PM.
Old 13th April 2018, 03:10 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
Have we now garnered that sort of reputation that hotels are 'warning' guests of our impending invasion!
When they were told we were staying they made a run for the hills!

I guess nobody told them that's were we're heading too!

Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 13th April 2018, 06:13 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

I think we’re a pretty well-behaved bunch, but would you want to stay in a hotel that was otherwise fully booked with, for example, train spotters (no offence intended if any of you have this interest too!). We could go completely off piste here and suggest which groups of people you wouldn’t want to share a hotel with - but the mods would go nuts!
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 13th April 2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
I think we’re a pretty well-behaved bunch,
I'm aware of that Jim, it was just the way you had worded it and what my warped mind read into it.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 13th April 2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete-p View Post
I've just asked to change my booking from a double to a family so there should be 3 doubles and 1 twin available now.

EDIT: Just called and sounds like the family room will still be available as they have already allocated me to one (room 38 I think).
Better check that Pete, I've had Room 38 from the first week.

Ray

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)