A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Everything else

D2 - Everything else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 10th April 2010, 08:29 AM

Smile might have found some useful 2.8 info

Didn't want to say anything until i had my copy in my hand but i've been searching for any kind of haynes style manual for my engine the 2.8 V6 (i know about the american A8 manual but i'm not dropping 90 quid on a book thats for lhd and wouldn't cover the euro V6 anyway) however after a bit of a trawl and a shot in the dark, i can happily report that the V6 2.8l is covered by the american haynes vw passat/audi a4 manual (it lists engine codes covered as AFC -SOHC V6 and AHA, ACK (mine), ALG, APR, ATQ and AQD- DOHC) and having had a quick flip through the V6 engine section it looks the same as mine (even got the 5V covers on the engine) and whilst i obviously can't guarantee everything is identical on the american model all the bits look to be in the right place and its more information than i had on the engine so its a start! If you are one of the few A8 2.8ers it could be useful, as a guide if nothing more. The haynes number is 96023 and the ISBN number is 1 56392 703 9 799-3083. Obviously haynes have V6 info so why the don't put it in either the UK A4 or A6 maunals when they both had 2.8 V6's is beyond me! The rest of the book is obviously no good for the A8 but its the engine info i was after!

Like i say, they may not be the same but anything is better than nothing, so for £11.10 from the jungley online book retailer it was worth a squirt!
Old 15th April 2010, 08:16 PM

Why not just get Elsawin?
Old 15th April 2010, 08:43 PM

i hate stopping in the middle of a job, washing my pandys and starting up the old computer just for a peek at something i'd not thought i needed and therefore not printed out when for 11 squids i can have a good old fashioned copy of all the info and torque settings right there in front of me. I guess i'm just an old fashioned stick in the mud when it comes to getting oily fingers! I just like a haynes book even if they don't do the see through pictures anymore