A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Everything else

D2 - Everything else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 25th August 2009, 01:55 PM

Default The mats story - final installment

I picked up the replacement mats yesterday.

As soon as I opened the packaging (in the Parts Dept) I could see that they were the correct fitment (I'm an expert now!).

So all's well that ends well, but it's unbelievable how they can get it so wrong when a) they look everything up according to your car's reg/VIN; and b) they spend so much time making sure it's "the right part number".

So the moral of the story for me is the next time I'm asked for my reg or VIN by an Audi Parts Dept, I will ask "WHY?" and when I get the standard response I will ask if they will be paying for my time, travel, and inconvenience if the part they order doesn't fit my car...
Old 25th August 2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan_the_Librarian View Post
Ooooooooo there's more! I can't wait. Bit disapointed there was no unecassary use of a Flame thrower but you can't have everything.

Almost can't put this one down. Must be enough material for a sequel.

Something along the lines of 'Rampage of the AACC - Audi UKs nemesis'

Lots of burning subframes with Audi customer service opratives cable-tied to them. Some gratuitus drownings in 'filled for life ATF' and maybe a bit of 'see if you can breath with your face pushed into the carpet in my passengers footwell. You'll need gills'.

P.S.

I move this to it's own thread for fear of hijacking......
absolutely PMSL!!

I fear there could well be a sequel...

Thanks for its own thread, although as it's not specific to D2 perhaps it would be better in Motormouth or Daily Banter?

Last edited by CliveH; 25th August 2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 25th August 2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPerformance View Post
I have to deal with this every day!! Not with floor mats specifically, but with bits being wrong. I use the main dealers for parts as they are the best quality, carry a full 2 year warranty and are supplied by "experts".

I feel the true definition of and expert comes into play here!

I see a lot of rare Audi models here and it is not uncommon for the fella on the other end of the phone from whom I am ordering, tells me that the car in front of me does not exist!!!!

There has not been a single full week gone by since my opening where at least one item has been delivered incorrect. Most recently this Saturday when a customer drove all the way from Liverpool for me to replace his PAS pump, only to find it was wrong.

The rather interesting conversation I then had with the supplier ended with him saying... "oh, yeah, found it. There's 2 types... Sorry mate....".

Ofcourse, this responce made it all allright and I was more than satisfied......
I'm sure you have many such stories.

Another one that comes to mind, in relation to the older models, is when I went into a(nother) dealership and asked for a part for the S2. "You mean an A2 Sir, they didn't make an S in that model".... you can imagine how the conversation developed from there...

In fact, it was the same dealership where my 16 year old son had to get on their system to show them where to find a nipple (ooer) for the S2 inlet manifold!

I also know what you mean about their attitude - mistakes seem to be par for the course and totally acceptable!
Old 27th February 2010, 02:07 PM

I ordered a set of touch up paint from Audi for my car, first time they gave me the wrong one. They said that my car is an Audi exclusive colour so it just comes up as blank and that is what the factory had provided. The second time they again got the wrong colour, yesterday I went in after they spent 3 months trying to work out the right colour (yes three months!). I have been really excited about doing this over the weekend so was pleased to get a call saying they had finally sourced it, so I paid £5.95 extra delivery charge on some Megs 2500 unigrit which arrived today so I could get started this weekend. I'm going to be working a lot after this weekend and may not get a chance to do it for a while. Again, the wrong paint! The thing that annoyed me was when the guy tried to tell me that jasper green is the right colour for my car, when it dries it will be the same shade, its nowhere near the same! Luckily I didn't fall for it and told them my car colour is Cactus green pearl, few more calls to the factory and they have the right one coming on Tues, I hope! Fourth time lucky.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 27th February 2010, 02:37 PM

you could always have tried a local halfords and see if they could blend a bit?
Old 27th February 2010, 04:38 PM

Can't be sure of the quality of them, I only ever use OEM Audi stuff on my car, unless its better quality then OEM (new valve arm, i.e metal not plastic).
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds