A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 17th October 2017, 10:55 AM

Default Anti roll bar

My ARB started squeeking... I determinated is just the bushing.
I am trying to find the correct size but is all very confusing and not clearly stated
I measured anti roll bar and is 31mm tick(aprox) engine code BFL with sport suspension 2MA. Whereever I looked there is no bushing of 31mm in diametre..The biggest one i found is 29mm and is aparently for the sport suspension.
Here is a screenshot of my current bushing with part number which i am not able to google.
Does anybohy have an idea where to look?

thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 10.59.26.png
Views:	436
Size:	613.3 KB
ID:	17269  

Previous : Chevrolet Blazer 2001 LT 4.3 petrol
Old 17th October 2017, 11:17 AM

If I Google search 028215A I takes me straight to Euro Car Parts, Audi Suspension bushes, then asks for car details...... https://www.eurocarparts.com/audi-suspension-bushes

Next down is this: http://www.strongflexuk.co.uk/audi/a...ush-sport.html
OEM part seems to be 4D0 411 327 G
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 17th October 2017 at 11:20 AM.
Old 17th October 2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
If I Google search 028215A I takes me straight to Euro Car Parts, Audi Suspension bushes, then asks for car details...... https://www.eurocarparts.com/audi-suspension-bushes

Next down is this: http://www.strongflexuk.co.uk/audi/a...ush-sport.html
Hi

I know..but they have only wishbone bush nothing for sway bar..
I found this one but got stuck on the diametre http://www.strongflexuk.co.uk/front-...l#.WeXbC9vMx0J

Old 17th October 2017, 11:46 AM

does anybody have 3d printer? to be able to print bushing for me?
https://www.myminifactory.com/object...-bushing-21860

Old 17th October 2017, 11:51 AM

Might be worth contacting Strongflex, it's entirely possible they can/do make a 31mm one, or have 3D printing capability at a sensible price.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 17th October 2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Might be worth contacting Strongflex, it's entirely possible they can/do make a 31mm one, or have 3D printing capability at a sensible price.
Just phoned them up..very friendly people based in Poland.. They said no problem to manufacture 31mm diametre bushing..

Old 17th October 2017, 12:25 PM

There you go, result. Fair price?
Old 17th October 2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
There you go, result. Fair price?
Yup...£26 include delivery to the UK... ordered 29mm and phoned them up to make it in 31mm...no problem at all, no aditional charge..

Old 17th October 2017, 12:45 PM

I wonder if they 3D print, or just change the centre spindle in the mould? Presumably the outer diameter/shape is the same to fit the same brackets?
Old 17th October 2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I wonder if they 3D print, or just change the centre spindle in the mould? Presumably the outer diameter/shape is the same to fit the same brackets?
Shape and outside diameter I believe is the same as they list compatibility with A8 94-03 models. I will wait and see.