A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 2nd January 2019, 12:38 PM

Default Knocking over bumps

So today I have investigated the knocking noise ive been having for the last few thousand miles. The upper arms seem to have small splits starting around the bushes but not too bad. The lower rear arm inside bush seems to be the worst so I was thinking of starting with them. Could anyone tell me the one part no. and manufacturer. It's a 2009 3.0tdi.

I have found a few but the measurements seem to vary, 80mm wide seems to be correct but diameter seems to vary online from 65 to 75 mm. The problem is im not sure if the tube stays on the arm and the center pushes out our the whole tube pushes off the ali arm ?

I have attached a pic if what I think is the offending part.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190102_113416.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	745.4 KB
ID:	20584  
Old 2nd January 2019, 06:28 PM

Going by the picture, this appears to be the front left of the car.

If I read ETKA properly (see first image), I'm assuming that the highlighted part is correct for your car, in that "D >> - 14.01.2008" means that the date of manufacture of the car is greater than "14/01/2008".

If that is correct, then the bonded rubber bush that you're looking for is part number 4E0407183H (second image).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A8FrontSuspension.png
Views:	257
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	20585   Click image for larger version

Name:	A8FrontSuspensionRubberBush.png
Views:	247
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	20586  

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 2nd January 2019, 07:03 PM

Thanks very much. Great help.