A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 20th June 2018, 10:05 AM

Default 'Telephone is not installed'

Always had my phone paired with the car in the past, I got a new phone a few months ago and just never bothered to pair it because the signal is shocking and too sketchy with the reflective glass, but I went to pair my current phone (Android Nokia) recently and got this message on the Telephone screen.

Thought a module was fried or something but get no errors relating to the phone when scanned with VCDS.

Anybody seen this before or know how I can ever pair my phone again?

- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 20th June 2018, 10:14 AM

I had this on mine when I bought the car, lift the carpet on the passenger side and open the black plastic box. Unplug the big chunky cable for a few seconds and then reconnect. Made mine work
With Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System, Advanced Parking System, TV Analog/ Digital, Rear/Back Window blinds, Front and rear heated seats, Alcantara Roof, Extended leather Pack 2, Extended Aluminium pack, Carbon and Aluminium trim packs, RSE, PS2.

Jobs done so far;

Fitted an RS Steering Wheel, Fitted 15mm wheel spacers, Lowered 10mm with VCDS, Reinstalled factory DVB, Unlocked VIM, Updated MMI to 5570, Fixed Factory Bluetooth Phone, Fitted heated fan-spray washers, Installed Bluetooth DAC For Audio, Added projection Puddle lights, Wind Deflectors, Fitted Apple TV to all 3 Screens, installed car WiFi, Fitted Custom vortex Exhaust

Old 20th June 2018, 10:17 AM

Sounds promising.

Any idea what the 'big chunky cable' is though?
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 20th June 2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquistador View Post
Sounds promising.

Any idea what the 'big chunky cable' is though?
It’s power and mic etc for the BT phone module
With Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System, Advanced Parking System, TV Analog/ Digital, Rear/Back Window blinds, Front and rear heated seats, Alcantara Roof, Extended leather Pack 2, Extended Aluminium pack, Carbon and Aluminium trim packs, RSE, PS2.

Jobs done so far;

Fitted an RS Steering Wheel, Fitted 15mm wheel spacers, Lowered 10mm with VCDS, Reinstalled factory DVB, Unlocked VIM, Updated MMI to 5570, Fixed Factory Bluetooth Phone, Fitted heated fan-spray washers, Installed Bluetooth DAC For Audio, Added projection Puddle lights, Wind Deflectors, Fitted Apple TV to all 3 Screens, installed car WiFi, Fitted Custom vortex Exhaust

Old 20th June 2018, 10:55 AM

Certainly my interpretation of that message is that it thinks the phone interface module is missing. Does it appear on the VCDS scan and can you communicate with it?
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 20th June 2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Certainly my interpretation of that message is that it thinks the phone interface module is missing. Does it appear on the VCDS scan and can you communicate with it?
Mine would attempt connection but failed every time

Jobs done so far;