A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 23rd February 2011, 06:28 PM

Default Loaded D2 For Sale LPG/Solar/RNSE/20s etc...

I'm putting the car back up for sale as I've not heard back from the buyer I'd given first refusal to, so it's up for grabs! I would be interested in taking another cheaper D2 in part exchange.. It doesn't matter how tatty/broken it is. I'd love a little project. I'd also be interested in a small VW daily runner so let me know. I'm going to put the car on eBay/Pistonheads/Autotrader on the weekend but would like to offer it here first.*

2000 Facelift Audi A8 4.2 quattro Sport in Ming blue with platinum interior.

This is a truly one off bespoke car that I'm sure is the highest specified D2 in the world bar none, that isn't all, the car also falls in the pre Mar 2001 expensive tax bracket and runs on both Petrol & LPG so as well as having more toys, it's cheaper to run than others too.

I brought the car from the founder of www.A8Parts.co.uk. He assured me this is the best D2 money could buy, and he should know. He's had a few!

A little history regarding the car below.

The car started life as an A8 sport, which means it came with S8 seats and suspension from factory. The car was then fitted with a 360 BHP 40 V S8 engine/gearbox/diffs/ecu/tcu/cats and cluster so it's just as fast and no different to drive then any other D2 S8 that i've driven. Its also been kitted out with some genuine Audi S8 wing mirrors, final edition genuine 20" alloys with Michelin Pilot sport 2s all round, all still with very good tread remaining.

It's also recently (this month) benefitted from a service, cambelt, thermostat, water pump by an Audi tech using all OEM Audi parts and with the correct cam locking tool. I had brand new spark plugs fitted about 3k miles ago too from Audi. A Vag Com scan completed yesterday showed no faults on the Engine or gearbox. *

A new gearbox was fitted along with a new Maf and the car has has since then benefitted from a gearbox oil/filter change using the correct method and all Audi fluids/filters. (The gearboxes on the D2 were a weak point as oil changes weren't part of the service routine)
MRC also fitted a new coil pack in December, whilst they were doing this I asked them to inspect the engine. They did a compression test and also checked the internals using a boroscope, it was all good down there and I also have the report to back this up from Doug.

Now, the spec. You may have seen loads of Adverts claiming "fully loaded" D2 '8s for sale. These are usually the ones with the least amount of spec, final editions are far from loaded. I challenge anyone to find a better specified one then this for sale!! I always keep an eye on the 8s that come up for sale on Autotrader/Pistonheads/eBay and haven't seen a better specified one in the past three years.*

Bi Xenons (genuine Audi)
RNS E with TV, Bluetooth and a reverse cam that comes on automatically when reverse is selected.
Auto dipping wing mirror and side mirrors
Electric rear window blinds and manual side blinds
Bose
Solar Sunroof
6 CD Changer
10 Disc DVD changer (Sony unit but fitted by Audi to the last D2 models ever sold) this is linked to a Sony monitor and allows rear passengers to watch DVDs either through the supplied wireless headphones or via the Bose sound system. Its also linked to the RNS E so you can view the DVD in the front too.
Passenger and driver both have individual memory seats
Rear seats are fully electric and reclining with 10 way adjustment as well as being heated (This option wasn't available in the UK, the bits were sourced from a German car and fitted at quite some time & expense by the founder of A8Parts)
Extended leather pack III ( This gives stitched leather to the door panels, glovebox and wraps the roof and parcel shelf A/B/C pillars in alcantara (very rare on these)
Button at the front that brings the rear headrests down if they are restricting your rear view
Electric heated Recaro seats*
Electric steering/seatbelt/headrest adjustment
Double Glazing (makes the windows virtually un smashable as a few '8 owners can attest to)*
ESP
USB connection in armrest*
Plug sockets (yes plug sockets) discretely hidden under the arm rest.*
Dual zone climate control*

I have receipts/previous MOT certificates and both service books ( from the original car and doner car, I changed the oil after 9k miles although Audi say it could go upto 20k miles/2 years without servicing as this car has the ability to run on the Audi variable servicing program.

Miles
160k Miles on the body
119k miles on the engine
The gearbox has about 15k on it if I remember correctly, but I will check the receipt and confirm.

Bad bits:

It still has A8 brakes, and they need changing now. I've found some complete S8 brakes (Brembos) *from a low miler for £250. A8 parts usually sell the callipers alone for £750.00
It had a brand new S8 odometer fitted at some point and it wasn't coded to the car so now reads 18,600 miles. I have the exact miles documented that were on the engine,box and body to coincide with what miles are currently on the cluster so knowing the exact mileage isn't a problem.
Stone chips and the usual, I wouldn't describe the exterior as mint. It's not in a horrendous state either.
I had a guy run into the back bumper at around 5/10 mph, it's scratched it and there is a small crack. (Damn 4x4s) he wanted to keep the insurance companies out of it so I got a quote to repair it and he came to give me the money a few weeks later. However, being the trusting type I told him to give in a few weeks instead (it was Christmas time after all) and I never heard from him again and he isn't replying to my calls/texts. Still I've taken this into account when pricing the car.*

Here's what Ian, who fitted the rear seats had to say about it.
The million dollar question.....

"I've lost count of hours, days, weeks, not to mention ££'s...*

Every piece of trim was cleaned before it went back in the car, every piece scrutinised for damage and fixed where possible. Every nut and bolt was re-instated as audi intended, and even door cards were given a new lease of life with new door clips and every single foam seal around the outside rebonded to make sure they were air tight.....

Nothing has gone back into this car unless I was happy it was the very best example of that part that could be fitted that I could reasonably lay my lands on (and I have a vast inventory!)

At the end of the day I have an absolutely unique D2, something that was never even built at the factory.

Its an A8 when alls said and done, and I have the V5 to prove it, yet all its running gear is S8 and all its interior is pure luxury. Its pre March 2001 so will only ever get taxed as 'above 2000cc' and it runs LPG just to makes things cheaper still.

Its the most comfortable car I've ever been in, and today driving it from Harrogate to Birmingham something else struck me:

Its quiet.

Dam quiet. Almost, new car quiet. You know how new cars just ride the bumps and not a squeak, or a murmor or a sound because everything is so tight? Well, thats about where its at. Its done over 150K miles and feels like its done 10. and somehow, thats a really signifiant unexpected bonus. I put all this effort into blinds, and rear seats all for passenger comfort yet i have this unexpected bonus for me, the driver.....

.... a brand new car*

Was it worth it ?

Hell yes**"

Price: £7,350 ( Which is a LOT less then I paid 7 months ago and the car didn't even have the D3 20s or S8 mirrors, grills then!)*

Feel free to PM me if interested. I'm based in Leamington Spa but work in Coventry so you can see the car at whichever location is more convenient for you. Better pics to come...

2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 23rd February 2011, 06:43 PM
daz.g

if you want to part ex it on mine Amar ??!!!.......
Old 23rd February 2011, 06:49 PM

Darren, your car is stunning but I'd want to part ex something a lot cheaper.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
Old 23rd February 2011, 07:46 PM
Administrator

God this is one heck of a car, I do miss it.

I confirm everything Amar has written in terms of history and spec.

All retrofits were done with genuine Audi parts and installed as per Audi spec.

The rear seat install saw the car stripped of all its interior and rebuilt, and its well documented on here. When I'd finished it was genuinely squeak and rattle free, a massive difference to many D2's with the odd bit of loose trim from hands free phone kits, or a bit of DIY here and there.

I built is for a stealth look, to be a plainish looking a8, but to have every bell and whistle imaginable, including the S8 performance. Amar has taken it forward and put some of the 'looker' back into it.

Hes polished it, loved it and made it ever better than when I had it...

Am I struggling to resist it right now, yes.... Thank god I'm skint and otherwise busy, or I'd be lining up for a chance to buy back one of the best and most unique D2s in this country as far as I'm aware....

Dont undervalue its tax bracket.... pretty sure the £400 bracket will kick in this year for the > 2001 models.. ouch, and LPG to boot.... Bargain..

The Daily Town Car - 2023 Tesla Model Y Performance. Black with Black. Giant ipad screen, huge sunroof, 4 wheel drive, Tow bar, lots of ooomph and made in China, so actually built properly unlike the Californian ones.

The Family Wagon - 2018 Tesla Model X. Black, 7 Seats, Towbar, Homelink, Enhanced Auto pilot with Summon and self park, Heated front seats, CCS Charger upgrade, MCU2 Upgrade, Falconwing Doors, Self opening / closing doors, Netflix, Spotify, toys, Air suspension, alcantara roof + lots of other stuff......

The 17 year old Driver Wagon 2015 Skoda Citigo Monte Carlo. Alloys, Power steering, Aircon, Leccy windows, Sat Nav, bluetooth, central locking, cup holders, 59 whole bhp. Million times better than my first car. Well jealous.....

The First 20 Audis:

2001 D2 4.2 QS Silver, 1997 D2 S8 Silver, 1999 D2 4.2 Silver, 2002 D2 S8 Dolphin Grey,
2003 C5 RS6 Blue, 1998 D2 S8 Black, 2000 D2 4.2 QS/S8 Ming Blue, 2003 D3 4.2 Ming Blue,
2005 B7 S4 Blue, 2006 D3 3.0 Tdi Black, 1999 D2 4.2 Silver, 2003 D3 4.2 LPG Crystal Blue,
2000 D2 S8 Silver, 2007 3.0 Tdi Q7 Black, 2009 B8 S4 Black, 1998 D2 S8 Agate Grey,
2006 D3 4.2 Tdi Blue, 2006 D3 S8, 2007 Q7 3.0 Tdi, 2006 C6 S6,

The Second 20 Audis:

2011 A7 Sline, 2001 A2 1.4 Tdi Black, 2002 A2 1.4 Tdi Silver, 2006 A8 4.2 Tdi Blue,
2007 4.2 Tdi Q7, 2006 S4 Cab Silver, 2010 RS6 Saloon Black , 2007 TT Roadster,
2010 A8 D4 4.2 Silver, 2006 C6 A6 2.7 Tdi Quattro, 2000 D2 4.2 QS/S8 Ming Blue (again), 2008 Q7 4.2 Black,
2009 C6 RS6 Saloon Daytona Grey, 2001 Fully Loaded A2 Tdi, 2006 Avant S6 Black, 2007 VW Caravelle Exec Black (almost an Audi)
2009 TT Roadster Daytona, 2015 Q7 4.2 tdi lava grey, 2002 GmbH D2 demonstrator, 2006 D3 A8 LWB 4.2 Tdi Black

Most Recent Audis:

2001 A2 1.4 Tdi Black, 2007 4.2 FSi Q7 ABT Blue, 2016 S5 Coupe Launch model, 2004 S4 B6 Cabriolet, 2016 Q7 Sline White, 2006 Q7 4.2 FSi Black, 2012 Q7 Sline+ 4.2Tdi White, 2008 Blue Audi S8

Everything Else

1989 Subaru Justy, 1986 Vauxhall Cartlton 2.0 GL, 1985 Vauxhall Carlton 2.2 CDi, 1987 Ford Sierra XR4x4, 1983 Vauxhall Senator, 1985 Vauxhall Senator 3.0i, 1997 Polo Saloon, 1997 Peugeot 306 1.9 TDi, Ford Sierra Sapphire 2000E, 1990 Subaru Justy, 2000 Subaru Impreza, 2000 Subaru Impreza RB5, 1993 Range Rover LSE, 2005 VW Bora, 2003 Skoda Superb, 2003 VW Passat V6 4 Motion, 1996 Peugeot 106, 2000 Range Rover 4.0, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Old 23rd February 2011, 08:18 PM

That is just too damn cheap for a car like that Amar

Yeah baby!!

2002 Aqua Blue S8 with Milltek - Now sold

SL55 AMG Silver with designo red leather and 20" Carlsson 1/16 Utlralight Wheels
Old 23rd February 2011, 08:20 PM

Thanks for the endorsement Ian, it really is a fab car and I have fallen for it. The engine and box I'd say are smoother then the old S8 and it does more MPG too. My only criticism is it could do with some S8 brakes! It's difficult trying to price it but I do think I have had very good value from it even at the price I'm selling vs paid for it. If my green S8 hadn't have been stolen I could have freed up money by selling that and then keeping this however no sign of that car still and no money from Avperforances insurance company either...
I did see a really nice 4.2 quattro PF SE A8 with only 65,000 miles on it and a 4 speed box on sale at £1750 which is tempting... I'm not going to be leaving the D2 game just yet, just freeing up some ££££s
Old 23rd February 2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayzee View Post
That is just too damn cheap for a car like that Amar
I think it's good value, it needs the rear bumper painting which I was quoted £250 from by a Porsche approved bodyshop and new brakes too so I've taken that into account.

But imagine paying for an LPG conversion 2.5k, RNS E with Bluetooth,TV and the reverse cam would be at least another 1k, the D3 wheels with Michelin Pilots around £1.2k it really is great value especially as it's only just had it's cambelt,full service,waterpump and thermostat and four wheel alignment done by Ben. MOT till Oct, tax runs out end of this month.
Old 23rd February 2011, 09:08 PM

If I didn't love my D3 so much. And I do. I would have this.

Perfect spec in everyway.

I just can't leave air suspension behind. It's just...... well.... words can't describe how good it is..... Especially with our roads. And the MMI....

This is the ultimate D2 though. Love it love it love it.
Old 23rd February 2011, 09:23 PM

That really is stunning, being a bit new here didnt appreciate it had such a grand pedigree, very nice, best of luck with the sale Amar

cheers

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey
Old 23rd February 2011, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Its worth pointing out as well that the fully electric rear seats are 'sports' design...

Thats rare, bloody rare, even in Germany. LWB models with fully electric seats are knocking around out there, with comfort seats, but this is pukka sports seats. I saw a set once in Germany on another S8. Once.

I know the RNS-E kit is worth over 1K. I paid for it all. Its the proper original Audo handsfree bluetooth, completely integrated with the RNS-E. I miss it. The reverse camera is a really sweet touch too.

Full alcantara headlining, enhanced leather pack, blinds, solar roof, bose, TV, new style tiptronic steering wheel.

The USB port in the armrest is cool too, lets you plug your phone is to charge but leave it discretely out of the way...

The rear seats have a switch on them also that lets them retract to a more upright position when the relevant rear door is opened to make it easier to get in and out, and the rear nearside door has a switch in it to move the front passenger seat forwards / backwards to make more legroom.... All standard Audi kit.

Its one of only 2 D2 S8's in the country with only 4 seats, but the only one of the two with Recaro sports ones and a sensible colour

The Daily Town Car - 2023 Tesla Model Y Performance. Black with Black. Giant ipad screen, huge sunroof, 4 wheel drive, Tow bar, lots of ooomph and made in China, so actually built properly unlike the Californian ones.

The Family Wagon - 2018 Tesla Model X. Black, 7 Seats, Towbar, Homelink, Enhanced Auto pilot with Summon and self park, Heated front seats, CCS Charger upgrade, MCU2 Upgrade, Falconwing Doors, Self opening / closing doors, Netflix, Spotify, toys, Air suspension, alcantara roof + lots of other stuff......

The 17 year old Driver Wagon 2015 Skoda Citigo Monte Carlo. Alloys, Power steering, Aircon, Leccy windows, Sat Nav, bluetooth, central locking, cup holders, 59 whole bhp. Million times better than my first car. Well jealous.....

The First 20 Audis:

2001 D2 4.2 QS Silver, 1997 D2 S8 Silver, 1999 D2 4.2 Silver, 2002 D2 S8 Dolphin Grey,
2003 C5 RS6 Blue, 1998 D2 S8 Black, 2000 D2 4.2 QS/S8 Ming Blue, 2003 D3 4.2 Ming Blue,
2005 B7 S4 Blue, 2006 D3 3.0 Tdi Black, 1999 D2 4.2 Silver, 2003 D3 4.2 LPG Crystal Blue,
2000 D2 S8 Silver, 2007 3.0 Tdi Q7 Black, 2009 B8 S4 Black, 1998 D2 S8 Agate Grey,
2006 D3 4.2 Tdi Blue, 2006 D3 S8, 2007 Q7 3.0 Tdi, 2006 C6 S6,

The Second 20 Audis:

2011 A7 Sline, 2001 A2 1.4 Tdi Black, 2002 A2 1.4 Tdi Silver, 2006 A8 4.2 Tdi Blue,
2007 4.2 Tdi Q7, 2006 S4 Cab Silver, 2010 RS6 Saloon Black , 2007 TT Roadster,
2010 A8 D4 4.2 Silver, 2006 C6 A6 2.7 Tdi Quattro, 2000 D2 4.2 QS/S8 Ming Blue (again), 2008 Q7 4.2 Black,
2009 C6 RS6 Saloon Daytona Grey, 2001 Fully Loaded A2 Tdi, 2006 Avant S6 Black, 2007 VW Caravelle Exec Black (almost an Audi)
2009 TT Roadster Daytona, 2015 Q7 4.2 tdi lava grey, 2002 GmbH D2 demonstrator, 2006 D3 A8 LWB 4.2 Tdi Black

Most Recent Audis:

2001 A2 1.4 Tdi Black, 2007 4.2 FSi Q7 ABT Blue, 2016 S5 Coupe Launch model, 2004 S4 B6 Cabriolet, 2016 Q7 Sline White, 2006 Q7 4.2 FSi Black, 2012 Q7 Sline+ 4.2Tdi White, 2008 Blue Audi S8

Everything Else

1989 Subaru Justy, 1986 Vauxhall Cartlton 2.0 GL, 1985 Vauxhall Carlton 2.2 CDi, 1987 Ford Sierra XR4x4, 1983 Vauxhall Senator, 1985 Vauxhall Senator 3.0i, 1997 Polo Saloon, 1997 Peugeot 306 1.9 TDi, Ford Sierra Sapphire 2000E, 1990 Subaru Justy, 2000 Subaru Impreza, 2000 Subaru Impreza RB5, 1993 Range Rover LSE, 2005 VW Bora, 2003 Skoda Superb, 2003 VW Passat V6 4 Motion, 1996 Peugeot 106, 2000 Range Rover 4.0, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance