A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 25th July 2013, 02:33 PM
big_chris1981

Deposit put down on a polo....need this gone, open to offers.
Old 26th July 2013, 03:52 PM
big_chris1981

£3250 takes it away!
Old 29th July 2013, 07:19 AM
big_chris1981

Now with 6 months tax.
Old 30th July 2013, 07:58 AM
big_chris1981

Stunned by the lack of interest in a very well cared for S8.

Equally stunned by the man who came to view and then complained that it didn't have a black interior and asked for £1500 off of the asking because of this...
Old 30th July 2013, 09:08 AM

Sorry to hear that Chris - its a fine example with great history. Where else are you advertising it?
Old 30th July 2013, 09:16 AM

It's trying to sell a car that not many people want in a in a time where no one wants big engine'd cars. If you drop the price to a grand it'll be gone over night. The thing is they are worthless unless you can find the right buyer.
I know it's an S but the price is not far off what you can pick 4.2 petrol D3 up for with the same or less miles. It's finding someone that wants a PF S8.

Take me for example i don't want an S8 but i'll take a chance on it for a grand.

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 30th July 2013, 09:44 AM
big_chris1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
Sorry to hear that Chris - its a fine example with great history. Where else are you advertising it?
It's on RetroRides, Edition38, eBay Classifieds, Pistonheads.

I've had a fair few time wasters who pretty much just wanted a test drive (mostly far too young to even insure the thing), and the man who wanted a different colour...
Old 30th July 2013, 09:44 AM
big_chris1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
It's trying to sell a car that not many people want in a in a time where no one wants big engine'd cars. If you drop the price to a grand it'll be gone over night. The thing is they are worthless unless you can find the right buyer.
I know it's an S but the price is not far off what you can pick 4.2 petrol D3 up for with the same or less miles. It's finding someone that wants a PF S8.

Take me for example i don't want an S8 but i'll take a chance on it for a grand.
I get what's your saying, but it's worth more than that as scrap.
Old 30th July 2013, 10:13 AM

The trouble is that most of "right buyers" are on this forum and already own one. Buying a second one wouldnt go down well with the other half.
Old 30th July 2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_chris1981 View Post
I get what's your saying, but it's worth more than that as scrap.
Yeah you're right and i totally agree with you, but it's getting the rest of them to understand that.

This is the very problem i have been watching happen, we have cars we all know are sh*t hot but no one wants to take a chance on cars anymore they all want one of those silly little things that do 60 mpg and cost nothing to tax, they've not thought about what happens in 5 - 10 years when it's broken / worn out and worth £500 and they got to get another one.

Bright yellow bus o love.