A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Owners Meets

Owners Meets Any info for any meetings, events, track days

Old 9th June 2014, 02:56 PM

Duly noted, I know it's always around this time. The excuse this year is that the wife had already booked a trip to New York but I'll make sure that weekend is avoided at all costs for 2015

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 9th June 2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norretal View Post
Duly noted, I know it's always around this time. The excuse this year is that the wife had already booked a trip to New York but I'll make sure that weekend is avoided at all costs for 2015
Just joking, but please don't !!!
You showing up next year in your lovely S8 will decrease my chances of possibly snapping the 1st place for sure
Again, I wasn't expecting even be a part of this or even top 3, yes, I was cleaning the car in the morning but thats for another reason which we know already (being )
As mentioned to guys over the weekend, it's only when I saw this little shiny trophy I suddenly wanted to have one desperately, for ANY price !!!
And loosing to a S8 in my ''7.3'' A8 made me feel good but gutted (may invest some money in a set of S8 badges for next year ) just joking again

I was actually looking forward to meeting you and seeing your car, but when I got there I realized you wont be coming and I thought you will , it's either my eyes or my brain is starting to play up.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 9th June 2014, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A8 View Post
Just joking, but please don't !!!
You showing up next year in your lovely S8 will decrease my chances of possibly snapping the 1st place for sure
Again, I wasn't expecting even be a part of this or even top 3, yes, I was cleaning the car in the morning but thats for another reason which we know already (being )
As mentioned to guys over the weekend, it's only when I saw this little shiny trophy I suddenly wanted to have one desperately, for ANY price !!!
And loosing to a S8 in my ''7.3'' A8 made me feel good but gutted (may invest some money in a set of S8 badges for next year ) just joking again

I was actually looking forward to meeting you and seeing your car, but when I got there I realized you wont be coming and I thought you will , it's either my eyes or my brain is starting to play up.
Thanks Marcin, long story but if I'd been in Scotland this weekend it could have blown apart a surprise we've worked on for months now, I'll be able to reveal all after next week. I was away on my annual three day golf trip last weekend (which is always the last weekend in May) so I needed to be home this weekend to prepare for next week. In the end it just wasn't an option to attend, even for a day, as much as I'd like to have. Therefore I must make every effort for the next one.

Don't worry about first place, I'll bring the 4.2 to give you a chance

Maximum respect to everyone who made it, looks and sounds like a fantastic event was had by all and big congratulations to Jim, Brian and David for organising it all so meticulously

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 9th June 2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
Dates have already been announced - it's 5-7th of June 2015, so no excuses for next year, only thing left to decide is the venue.
So where has this been announced?

I was so gutted to miss this years meet by a few days, (bloody work)

So who's organizing next years, seems like the three wise men did such a good job perhaps they could be drafted in as advisers You chaps did a great job and and I'm sure everyone was grateful for the effort you put in.

Where ever the next meet is I won't let work get in the way next year.

How about a new poll for the location?

Old 10th June 2014, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
So where has this been announced?

I was so gutted to miss this years meet by a few days, (bloody work)

So who's organizing next years, seems like the three wise men did such a good job perhaps they could be drafted in as advisers You chaps did a great job and and I'm sure everyone was grateful for the effort you put in.

Where ever the next meet is I won't let work get in the way next year.

How about a new poll for the location?
It was announced at the meeting in Scotland Del.
I will be overseeing the organising of it along with some localised help from a member/members in the region we choose to visit, and it is quite likely that we will have some admin input by one or more of the three wise men!

A discussion was also had regarding possible locations for next years meet, along with the dates (as mentioned it will be the weekend of Friday 5th - Sunday 7th June. . . .a poll will be posted shortly (give us a chance to get home and recover!!) in which members who intend to come should vote for any of the nominated locations that they are prepared to attend and then we will look at how we proceed organisationally

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs