A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8th September 2019, 10:04 PM

Default My S8 D2 MY2001 (Y reg) for sale

Not posted for some time due to a combination of illness and work......

The time has come finally when my beloved S8 needs to find a new home, so i wanted to gauge interest here before I end up on ebay or selling to someone like the forum sponsors to break, as it would be such a shame.

I have owned the car for 14 years - bought from an indy who acquired it as a VW Exec vehicle as a 3 year old in 2004. Mileage is now about 95,000 miles, mostly motorway as she was my commuting car for years. Has been wrapped up under car covers for the past 18 months with the battery on a CTEK charger and is currently SORN, but I hope to be able to wake her up soon and drive to an MOT, which I am pretty sure she will pass, and get some photos done once she is cleaned up, which i will post on here.

Never had any mods or accidents I know of - was dealer maintained till around 2010 then indy. Have the original manuals and a lot of invoices etc. and 2 keys and the V5.............

Colour is the desirable Ming Blue and as a late facelift, the S8 has a number of extra refinements like the motorised rear blind, and of course the lovely brushed aluminium door mirrors etc. that S8s had.

Engine has always been great and she has never let me down. Wiper motor was replaced , ZF box had fluids changed around 60k miles. Tyres are all good, the alloys are RS6, the spare is the original Ronan - I had a front tyre blowout many years ago which wrecked one of the alloys and changed to RS6 (wish I had kept the others but had no space).

Interior seats no damage or rips, rear seats hardly used - electric memory seats, heated, S8 steering wheel, integrated satnav works on dash as well as screen, tv tuner unfortunately analog so no more tv but a BMW hybrid unit would be easily installed. CD changer and radio OEM.

Bad bits - one of the lower grille plastic inserts has fallen out and disappeared (as most of them do)
- the nearside passenger door has a scrape across it. at the door lower trim level - I bought a door shell from our Forum sponsors as well as a replacement trim and this is still in the boot waiting to be fitted and included in the sale.

This car is a modern classic and being in unmolested good condition for age, would suit an enthusiast - I have to downsize urgently for health and financial reasons and she simply has to move on, hopefully not to be ripped apart for parts!

If anyone is interested in making an offer as is, please let me know. I really don't want the tyre kickers usually involved on places like ebay and would rather the car went to a forum member / enthusiast.

I am in the Midlands near Derby.

I was looking at offers around £1900. Please PM if interested.