A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Body and Exterior

D2 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 20th June 2013, 12:22 PM
big_chris1981

Default D2 PF bumpers...all the same?

Hi almighty knowledgeable A8/S8 people,

I need to replace the front bumper on my 1998 PF S8, it has previously been split and repaired and a recent interaction with a speedbump has split the repair. As it is now in the ownership of someone who doesn't do bodge jobs, I'm keen to put a new one on instead.

In the process of doing this, I'd like to delete the headlight washers and use the plain bumpers from the 2.8.

My question is...are all the bumpers the same shape/style on PF cars? Will any bumper fit any car or are the ones for the S8 a different style/shape?

Any help most appreciated.

Cheers

Chris
Old 20th June 2013, 12:24 PM

If you've got Xenons the washers are a "legal" requirement, well inside the EU at least.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 20th June 2013, 12:26 PM

You should be able to drop any PF bumper on...

Though if you've got Xenons, then the MOT folks might get funny about not having washers.

I know.. I know..

Old 20th June 2013, 12:41 PM
Staff at A8 Parts

Hello,

Any Pre-Facelift bumper will fit however if you need a bumper with HLW and you get one without HLW Audis procedure is to cut a hole for the jet either side....

Infact you could even fit a facelift bumper if you wanted...

Here is one fitted to a prefacelift car - it fits exactly the same and bolts straight on.

I think it looks a lot more aggressive but still in keeping with the factory look plus the bonus of foglights in the bumper!

We have one in stock at the moment - Please give me a call if you wish to discuss. 01642 783537.

Kind regard,
Dave

At Work to Drive:
2013 VW Caddy 1.6TDi Bluemotion, Highline, Heated seats, winterpack, DAB, Bluetooth, Lift up Tailgate, Colour coded, Leather wheel and gearknob, RNS 510 Touch Screen, optical PDC, HL Wash.
1997 S8, Pearl White
2005 W12 6.0, Heated Ventilated Massage Seats X4, Glass Sunroof, Fridge, RSE, Bluetooth, AMI, TV, Enhanced Leather, Heated Windscreen, 20" Alloys, ACC, Auto Boot, Soft Close Doors, 3 Electric Blinds, TP Monitor, Fingerprint