A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Lights

D2 - Lights Headlights, xenons, foglights. Everything outside the car that glows

Old 10th March 2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
I never noticed a major colour difference between HID and main beam support with the ones I had - they're certainly bright enough to be effective!
Pretty good match here too, those RacingVision bulbs are pretty awesome:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NewBulbs.JPG
Views:	283
Size:	358.4 KB
ID:	15834  
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 12th March 2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post
You're welcome For reference/comparison, these were the fakes I received. It's hard to tell from the photograph, but the holographic element is 'flatter' on these than the genuine units. Comparing the bulbs with photos of fakes online suggests they fakes have been gradually improving, making it more difficult to tell but the lack of weld points was the clearest indicator.
The first thing that I saw when reading this thread and viewing the accompanying photographs was the heinous typo on the packaging, and that would have set Johnny's SPAG pedant alarm bell ringing (spelling, punctuation and grammar.)

www dot philips dot com ORGINAL?
Old 12th March 2017, 12:04 PM

Yes, mine were the same. A picture of those labels was among the information I sent to Philips for their "amusement".
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HIDlabels.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	388.6 KB
ID:	15838  
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 12th March 2017, 01:22 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_quattro View Post
The first thing that I saw when reading this thread and viewing the accompanying photographs was the heinous typo on the packaging, and that would have set Johnny's SPAG pedant alarm bell ringing (spelling, punctuation and grammar.)

www dot philips dot com ORGINAL?
Wow. I'm a stickler for good grammar and punctuation usually too, but I hadn't even noticed the missing 'i' in original!

I even visited the link to check the bulbs when they arrived. I obviously just typed what I thought it should be.
------------------------------------------------------

Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 13th March 2017, 01:41 PM

Here's the packaging of the replacement genuine pair I was sent. Very similar to the fakes, but the folks at Philips can spell Original it seems.

Name:	2017-03-13 14.24.10.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	597.4 KB
ID:	15840

Cars Owned:
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 13th March 2017, 02:33 PM

And proper holograms with unique ID's too.
Old 13th March 2017, 08:48 PM

I carnt spell or puncturate ,four fkuk .
Old 15th March 2017, 07:49 AM

I now have a refund via PayPal. Will wait to see the money back on my credit card then see if I can post appropriate and accurate feedback.

Knowing eBay they will have blocked that somehow; they do a thorough job of sweeping stuff like this under the carpet so that all appears well.
Old 15th March 2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Knowing eBay they will have blocked that somehow; they do a thorough job of sweeping stuff like this under the carpet so that all appears well.
Yeah, I'm not sure you can leave feedback if you've had a full refund, can you?

Either way, once you're sure the refund has gone through, I think we should probably mention the name of this company here now. Now that two of us have received fake bulbs from them, months apart, it's clearly no honest mistake or mix up with their suppliers.

Cars Owned:

Old 15th March 2017, 10:24 AM

Feedback left, I found a route in:
Quote:
100% FAKE, verified by Philips. Others have had these from this seller. BEWARE!
Seller is lightec-autostyle-ltd http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/lightec-autostyle-ltd
They also have a direct sale web site: http://www.lightec-autostyle.co.uk/