http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/Aud...G1?action_ms=1

Coax wiring for DVB-T - £60
http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/aud...ess-audi-a8-4e

DVB-T harness - £90
http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/aud...i-a8-4e-mmi-2g

£210 Total + £550 + nuts, brackets etc = £800 ish

Still, can't find any aerials

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 15th June 2014, 01:48 PM

Here is something whats bother me as well.

Few days ago a forum member told me that all Audi's after FL had DAB as standard, but if you haven't paid for it they just disabled it
Apparently Merc is doing same thing with bluetooth

Anyway, he had his DAB activated, some channel value 16 and now he enjoys DAB.

I've been offered how to quick guide (VCDS), but so far I haven't received any more info than value 16, anyone heard of such a thing??

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
Old 15th June 2014, 02:24 PM

The actual aerials are built into the rear window, so there is no separate part number for these. According to ETKA, the rear screen part number is the same whatever the PR code of the car, so the amplifier is the only difference. The amp clips onto the window and has contact points to connect to pads on the glass.

2004 A8 3.0 TDI Sport Brilliant Black
Came with: Black Valcona/Alcantara Leather, KESSY, rear blind, flappy paddle gear change, Phone Prep, TV
Added:Bluetooth, AMI, Hybrid TV, Parking plus, Ski hatch, towbar, DAB, Umbrella Holder, Reversing camera, Auto lights, Wheel refurb
Things to fix: Turbo fault, power drain
Old 15th June 2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A8 View Post
Here is something whats bother me as well.

Few days ago a forum member told me that all Audi's after FL had DAB as standard, but if you haven't paid for it they just disabled it
Apparently Merc is doing same thing with bluetooth

Anyway, he had his DAB activated, some channel value 16 and now he enjoys DAB.

I've been offered how to quick guide (VCDS), but so far I haven't received any more info than value 16, anyone heard of such a thing??
Before doing the RVC fit, I would have believed this, but seeing as everything is customised to the options originally installed, I don't believe it now.

Came with: Black Valcona/Alcantara Leather, KESSY, rear blind, flappy paddle gear change, Phone Prep, TV
Added:Bluetooth, AMI, Hybrid TV, Parking plus, Ski hatch, towbar, DAB, Umbrella Holder, Reversing camera, Auto lights, Wheel refurb
Old 15th June 2014, 02:32 PM

Cheers Guy
My apologies Jza, I got confused as all the proper aftermarket kits come with aerials so I thought that originally there are some sort of aerials installed above the headlining or somewhere.

So, is that my list completed you think???

Anything what can be a real pain ???

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Old 15th June 2014, 02:51 PM

can't think of anything else.
You should be OK with the C revision of the TV module - I got 4E0910148B and both the B and C revisions have been superseded by the same E revision.

EDIT:
I know it's in Dell's great how-to, but you do also need the boot handle to fit the camera into, with a different release switch (it's smaller)

EDIT 2:
For me, the hardest thing was feeding the cables through the tube by the hinges - my left side was full already so I spent a good hour or so coaxing the extra cables through

Last edited by Somerandomguy; 15th June 2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old 15th June 2014, 03:18 PM

Cheers Guy

Well, it's a big project and if I decide to go ahead it will be a Summer Project as I will have few weeks off, BUT, not I'm not sure yet.

Guys, could you look at the illustration 035-40 and 035-45 and see if I need to swap my media rack or not, it could be very simple but after all day looking at all the illustrations I just got very confused.

BTW, if you don't know as it took me a while, media rack is called a carrier plate

Found one (A8parts, which is the one Guy has) just flat, not like mine, but mine takes TV tuner as well, but looks like isn't compatible with digital one.

Thank you

PS. Guy, what's your name?? I just don't want to keep calling you Guy

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Old 16th June 2014, 05:40 PM

I suspect you will need to change the rack, but I couldn't figure out which one you need (maybe the G version?) - mines a PF so the rack is different as the Bose amp is mounted on the rack too rather than the side like yours - maybe someone else with a facelift and TV can check their rack?

I'm kind of used to being called Guy now - but that's not my name, it's Tristan

Old 18th June 2014, 06:49 PM

Cheers Tristan

From the look of it I think I will have to change to flat carrier plate. Mine takes DAB, but TV it says only analogue, not sure if the digital tuner has different fixing points, but after looking at it few times next day I came to this conclusion, and it's not a big problem anyway.

Thank You for all your help guys, you were brilliant as always

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Old 6th October 2014, 11:04 AM

Are you any further on with this?!