A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > Alternative Fuels

Alternative Fuels For all those conversations about LPG, Electric, Hydrogen. Anything but petrol and diesel...

Old 29th October 2019, 10:10 AM

Big install given the go ahead near you Ian, Dogger Bank is a huge install that hopefully for me will need multiple ships mobilised, this in turn will be supplying you your clean electric (after 25 years, depending on maintenance required) and putting some pennies in my pocket to fuel the Range Rover while I still can. Win, win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg View Post
I’m holding off to see how the IR35 changes affect me, should know by Xmas
I hate IR35, it stinks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F O Install.jpg
Views:	1072
Size:	346.4 KB
ID:	22293  

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 29th October 2019, 04:02 PM

I did the post-build lifting equipment and lifting gear inspection on that vessel a few years back to ensure that it complied with UK offshore lifting regs. 800te lift capacity. Fascinating vessel. I count my work in offshore renewables as my carbon offset
Old 29th October 2019, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I hate IR35, it stinks
Does anyone lke it??
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 29th October 2019, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
I did the post-build lifting equipment and lifting gear inspection on that vessel a few years back to ensure that it complied with UK offshore lifting regs. 800te lift capacity. Fascinating vessel. I count my work in offshore renewables as my carbon offset
This vessel was in an episode of Impossible Engineering, Series 5 Episode 4, called "Skyscrapers of the Deep". You can watch the full episode here:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av48139077/

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 30th November 2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
It still is a thing - the free supercharging for life stays with the vehicle when sold on to the buyer - and at least one Model S has done half a million miles already https://futurism.com/the-byte/tesla-...000-kilometers )
Correction/update: here's one with one million KM on the clock -

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-mode...5WMWx1vPn9k7wA

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 30th November 2019, 04:44 PM

There is a Model S on auto trader that states, I kid you not, will never need replacement brakes due to regenerative braking....

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...?atmobcid=soc3
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Last edited by sarg; 30th November 2019 at 04:49 PM.
Old 30th November 2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg View Post
There is a Model S on auto trader that states, I kid you not, will never need replacement brakes due to regenerative braking....

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...?atmobcid=soc3
Well, I've done 90k (miles) on mine, and haven't even thought about changing the pads yet...

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.