A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Fuel and Exhausts

D3 - Fuel and Exhausts Everything to do with getting fuel into the engine, and fumes back out again

Old 2nd December 2020, 08:20 PM

Default more power

well guys been on here a bit now and only just found this section
so i am getting used to the power of my car now and i want more already....
so im open to ideas , as far as i know its a std car, reading a few threads tell me i may have less power due to carbon on the inlets and flaps, an should have it cleand and the flaps removed.
i am in kent and would like to know if there is any recomendations where or if i should get this done . as its somthing that i cannot phyiclys see being done,
any thought greatfully welcome
thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 11:48 AM

I think the closest place to you is AMD Essex. There may be others but they have done other cars before and so know what they are doing.

VRS in Northampton also do this, if you fancy a trip.
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 3rd December 2020, 03:37 PM

thanks i will look them up
need to send of for me passport to get into essex though
Old 5th June 2021, 05:21 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by V10ERR View Post
well guys been on here a bit now and only just found this section
so i am getting used to the power of my car now and i want more already....
so im open to ideas , as far as i know its a std car, reading a few threads tell me i may have less power due to carbon on the inlets and flaps, an should have it cleand and the flaps removed.
i am in kent and would like to know if there is any recomendations where or if i should get this done . as its somthing that i cannot phyiclys see being done,
any thought greatfully welcome
thanks
If you are mechanically inclined and willing to take the plunge you can do the decarb yourself. Look up Greg on YouTube he has the various steps. It includes getting an air compressor, grit blaster pot, walnut shell grit, shop vacuum, and making up a suitable blasting tip with EBay bits. It involves removal of inlet manifold and frankly this job can grow arms and legs as it exposes the oil filter housing - a likely area for oil leaks down the front of the engine, so makes sense to remove and replace those notorious o-rings while in there. In addition you may consider removing and servicing all 10 injectors, a project in itself, which makes for a more thorough job. And to add to that, as the inlet manifold is off you may also replace the two upper Lambda sensors at the rear of the engine, and you will likely need a suitable socket tool due to the constrained workspace - after all this was done on my S8, the car runs very smooth and performance felt improved.
If not so inclined - consider the expanded scope above as my oil filter housing was leaking, and all my injectors were not squirting properly and I actually ended up replacing 4 and rebuilt 6. Good luck!