A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 24th January 2017, 09:44 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
It's all on the forum, fairly recent too. With photographic evidence.
Oh, that one! Yes, I remember seeing that now. Probably wasn't paying attention at the time.
------------------------------------------------------

Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 27th January 2017, 05:34 PM

John Buchanan book was "The Thirty Nine Steps". You might remember the film of the book. The clip I remember was the train scene on the Forth Bridge.

For mileage the company A8 (2008 3.0 TDI) is currently at 236K miles.
And still running sweet, I did a Manchester to Luton return in her last week.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 27th January 2017, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4332 View Post
John Buchanan book was "The Thirty Nine Steps".
I was just testing to see if anyone here was cultured enough to spot my reference. Well done Ray, you passed the test!

Not that I'm cultured to be honest. I only know of the book because we were forced to read it at school! English Lit was not one of my strong subjects.

Cars Owned:
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 27th January 2017, 07:18 PM

Mark,
Thanks for the promotion to "passed".
Sorry for the delay in posting my cleverness but we have been rather busy.
Monday I had a planned job to drive an empty bus to London, stay overnight and on Tuesday bring a load of Bombay type Indians from the City up to Wigan. Two really easy days planned.
BUT then, as happens to the best laid plans, we had a funeral in Weymouth on Monday. So with a five am departure I drove the bus to London with Gwen following in our 8. Parked the bus at the hotel, they were good let us book in at 10:15 so that we could wash and change, then drove the 8 to Weymouth for 13:00. Had lunch and attended the funeral. After the wake we went for a walk around Weymouth harbour and drove back to the hotel at Kew Bridge. Gwen stayed with me overnight and then drove the car back home. I took the bus into the City (35 minute journey took 2.5 hours), collected the party and drove back to Wigan.
Rest of the week has been local stuff but a 04:00 start each day. Tomorrow, Saturday I have five jobs, starting at 04:10 and the last at 23:30.
Sunday is a rest day, honest, unless SWMBO comes up with a visit to our Great Grandaughter. Save</span>

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 27th January 2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4332 View Post
Monday I had a planned job to drive an empty bus to London, stay overnight and on Tuesday bring a load of Bombay type Indians from the City up to Wigan. Two really easy days planned.
BUT then, as happens to the best laid plans, we had a funeral in Weymouth on Monday. So with a five am departure I drove the bus to London with Gwen following in our 8. Parked the bus at the hotel, they were good let us book in at 10:15 so that we could wash and change, then drove the 8 to Weymouth for 13:00. Had lunch and attended the funeral. After the wake we went for a walk around Weymouth harbour and drove back to the hotel at Kew Bridge. Gwen stayed with me overnight and then drove the car back home. I took the bus into the City (35 minute journey took 2.5 hours), collected the party and drove back to Wigan.
Rest of the week has been local stuff but a 04:00 start each day. Tomorrow, Saturday I have five jobs, starting at 04:10 and the last at 23:30.
Sunday is a rest day, honest, unless SWMBO comes up with a visit to our Great Grandaughter.
Don't know how you do it Ray. I feel exhausted now just reading all that

Cars Owned:

Old 1st February 2017, 06:07 PM

Model and year: D2 S8 2000
Previous owners: 6
Mileage when acquired: 97k
Current mileage: 103k
Length of ownership: 12 months
Interesting features: none - Back box with asymmetrical pipes
Previous car: B5 S4 with RS4 turbos etc., giving 412hp.
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)

Old 1st February 2017, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete-p View Post
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey
Love the colour!

My A4 was Achat Grey, and I reckon that was a great colour too!

S8's are so uncommon down here that there's not a lot of colour choice. Not that I don't like the black, but living on a dirt road it's terrible! Would much rather grey!

Marty

Replacement head coming arrived thanks to MJ
Silver with Black interior. All features as the '01, with the 'S' mode auto shifter. Dodgey rear tint (need to find a way to get rid of that).
Family:
2009 Volvo XC90 V8 R Design
- has a louder more obnoxious exhaust than the S8, sounds great! Love this thing - Q7 was double the price, and certainly not double the car!

Sold:
1997 Audi A4
- Hamilton's Club Sport, Achat Grey (will miss the old girl)