A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Everything else

D2 - Everything else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 11th November 2009, 08:06 PM

Default Where are the drains in the engine bay?

Returned to a wet UK today and 2 very soggy front footwells...

I've had a similar problem with the S4 in the past, which was caused by drains in the engine bay being blocked with leaves and other sh1te...and the water then finding its way inside the car through an alternative 'drain'...

I've pulled off the covers at the top of the engine bay, which did reveal a sizeable puddle still sitting there, but there's a lot of kit in there (ECU covers, master cylinder, heater air intake, etc) which obscures the view so it isn't immdediately obvious where the blockage is.

So...before I start removing bits peacemeal, can someone please point me in the right direction?

The other question is that apart from drying out the mats and mopping up the remaining pools of water, is there anything else I should be doing or precautions to be taken?

As always, thanks in advance
Old 11th November 2009, 11:36 PM

Hi Clive,

CHeck out Paul W's article here:

http://www.audipages.com/Tech_Articl...tordrains.html

Also, if you go from underneath the car with i.e. drainage wire (one that bends so you can unclog blocked drains), you can poke it up through the 2 drainage cowls shown in Paul picture below.

Oli

CURRENT: 2006 Audi A8 D3 4.2 Tdi QS - CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT THREAD: Audi Exclusive Azure Blue, Amaretto brown interior, facelift rear lights, S8 mirrors, B&O, ACC, Digital TV, glass sunroof, Fridge, Extended Leather Pack 2, wooden steering wheel & gearknob, keyless entry, keyless start, electric boot, softclose doors

SOLD : 2000 FL Silver D2 4.2 QS - Solar sunroof, Bose, Blinds, NavPlus, Playstation, DVD, wireless headphones, iPhone AV connection, RS6 steering wheel, chrome mirrors, phone prep, xenons, servotronic steering, Rear screen, TV-in-motion, NavPlus Alu rings, S8 exhaust, S8 bonnet grille, 385mm D3 S8 brakes, rubber winter mats, De-badged rear, US rear indicator clusters, 20" Final Edition diamond cut wheels, 15mm Eibach Pro spacers (front), 20mm H&R hubcentric spacers (rear).

Audi A8/S8 D2 Flickr Group
Old 12th November 2009, 09:03 AM

Oli,

That's exactly what I needed, thanks!

Lots of drains there to chase...