A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Engine Bay

D2 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Old 10th December 2015, 10:26 PM

The water for the climate will go through the radiator , it's not separate sections , when the t stat is closed the action of the water pump is flowing the water across the block and around the heads through the matrix , when the t stat opens he flow travels hot water into radiator at the top hose , cooled water back to the block at bottom hose .
Old 17th February 2016, 01:50 AM

So lets do an update.

I removed the timing belt and water pump to inspect the pump. Pump was fine. I then put the car back together and replaced the fan clutch bearing (cause of nose in video).

I then had a local shop do a vacuum fill on the coolant to remove air bubbles. Result is heat inside car is now 100% but car still runs hot.

2003 A8L Build Thread
D3 Turbine Reps – S8 Mani
2002 Allroad Build Thread
2005 Color Match - TDI 01E - TTV LWFW - RS4 PP - BW K04s - Stg 2 WMI - WB- AWE DTS - EFK - H-SPORTS - IPP Arms - S6 Alcantaras - 4K LB Hitch - V1
Old 17th February 2016, 06:57 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

My cooling problem never went away, but it's not causing me too much trouble just now, so I'm leaving it alone for now.

Mine gets up to 90C just fine and sits there....until I've been driving for a while and then either slow down considerably and/or drive up hill for a while. It then goes up to 95C ( if that's the next mark on the gauge), but comes down again once I start to move a bit quicker and/or drive back on the level. Occasionally it'll head north of 95C, but not often.
The thermostat and pump were replaced at the last belt change about a year ago and the problem started when i added a bit of Radweld following a slight coolant leak (coincidence?).
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).

Tags
coolant, high coolant temp, thermostat