A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Wheels and Tyres

D3 - Wheels and Tyres Refurbing, center caps, tyre brands, tyrefitters - discuss it here

Old 19th November 2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechcanico Lee View Post
Look at them rubber bands ...... will be like being dragged along in a shovel ..... but if ya likes it ....go for it ...
My thoughts exactly. It looks VERY low as well.
2007 Audi S8, with Rear Seat Entertainment, Quad Zone Climate, DAB/DVB and electric blinds. ** sold **
Old 21st November 2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylondon View Post
MTM do a 21" wheel.

Hi Guy,

Well I've spoken to a really nice guy called Mark from AirDrop link Suspension company and talked me through the difference and the evolution sets that we are now seeing hitting the marketplace, after some more chatting and a bit of negotiation, I've had delivery this morning of the evolution drop link suspension ready to be shipped off to the body shop to fit.

Regarding the alloys, the short answer to whether I have a set of alloys and tyres in my garage is "No!" I've see loads that I like, but the set I like the most are a set of excellent conditioned used Bentley wheels but staggered, and I don't want the staggered look.

I currently have the OEM 19's what size do I need to go for to get the 100% exact rolling circumference on the 21's? Ideally I want something that comes as close to the edge of the arch (without using spacer) and obviously clear the calliper. But although there are plenty of 20's out there it's definitely the loom of the 21's I'm after... I've seen them on the latest 2015 Audi's at the main dealers, they look awesome.

The MTM's look amazing and a style I like. What are the sizes of these? Anyone know?

Regards,

Mark.

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com
Old 21st November 2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHefner View Post
The MTM's look amazing and a style I like. What are the sizes of these? Anyone know?
In the pictures above they are MTM Bimoto 10.5 x 21"

New
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331696145420

Used magnesium set
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371483492760

MTM produce this wheel in various widths, diameter, finish, alloy material. Personally I'd go for 9.5 x 19"

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,

Last edited by mattylondon; 21st November 2015 at 04:10 PM.
Old 22nd November 2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylondon View Post
In the pictures above they are MTM Bimoto 10.5 x 21"

New
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331696145420

Used magnesium set
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371483492760

MTM produce this wheel in various widths, diameter, finish, alloy material. Personally I'd go for 9.5 x 19"
10.5" Wow, why so wide? Seems massive, I've seen plenty of 21" x 10's but that is as big as I've seen. Yeah I have 19's now, a definitely want the look of the 21" that large alloy with little tyre look, a compromise between looks and comfort I know, but it's what floats my boat the most

The 19's I've got now I'm pretty sure are 9 x 19" and the tyres from memory are the 255/45/19's giving a rolling circumference of 2,237.1mm so providing I can find the correct size for the fronts and rears to match this then I should be fine. Some people have suggested the 295 width and reducing the profile to just 25 but I want more air and distance between alloy and ground. Any suggestions as I would like to get these bought this next coming week and get them shipped to the body shop so that it leaves looking as it will continue to look.

Regards,

Mark.

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com