A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Owners Meets

Owners Meets Any info for any meetings, events, track days

Old 6th October 2016, 06:51 PM

no breakfast for me & + 1 will just be glad to convoy in with everyone once we have found a sat nav signal in the car
Mercedes Benz CLS 500 - Sold
Corsa VXR Nurburgring - Sold
RS6 Avant Grey - Sold
Seat Leon Cupra R - Sold
Old 7th October 2016, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS6 View Post
no breakfast for me & + 1 will just be glad to convoy in with everyone once we have found a sat nav signal in the car
Neil, I'm "more likely", if not quite "definite" yet (as discussed by 'phone)....so 2 related questions:

1 - To you - what time's the BBB, and are there still spaces for that?
2 - To David - are you travelling down in the morning (unlikely), or the night before?
Old 7th October 2016, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
Neil, I'm "more likely", if not quite "definite" yet (as discussed by 'phone)....so 2 related questions:

2 - To David - are you travelling down in the morning (unlikely), or the night before?
BBB is from 07:30 to 08:30 which is when we must leavevto head to Castle Combe (30 mins away)
Still spaces available - I need to know firm numbers for brekkie by Tuesday

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 8th October 2016, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post

Hi Steve,
I will be driving down early Friday leaving home at 0600ish so crossing the Manchester/Warrington line about 1000ish. Heading for south of Bristol to stay overnight. A bit early for you i suspect if we were thinking of joining ina convoy of two?
Old 8th October 2016, 03:45 PM

Default ADI signing on for track driving - commence 08:30

Hi all,

My joining instructions recommend "arriving 8am onwards for signing-on, the briefing sessions will commence at 08:30am in the Stratford Centre. The first laps will start at 9am."

If BBB is from 07:30 to 08:30 and we need 30 mins to get to circuit does that leave enough time for 09:00 laps? As a newby, just checking with those who have previous experience, since we have booked 6 track sessions. Subject to that, pleased to confirm 2 for BBB (Richard and Ben). Can you give us post code for Bolingbroke Arms please.

Cheers

Richardracer
2006 Audi S8 V10 Now Sold. Akoya Silver with black/grey leather, standard 20" wheels, hybrid TV, Bang & Olufssen audio, Heated seats front and rear, Dension ipod integration, DAB radio, keyless entry, rear electric blind, bluetooth connection to Apple iphone6S. Started at 60,000 miles end April 12. Now 171,500 miles as at Oct 2017. Now sold to fellow forum member.
Old 9th October 2016, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardracer View Post
.... Can you give us post code for Bolingbroke Arms please.

Cheers

Richardracer
See first post!!
Old 10th October 2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Hi all,

My joining instructions recommend "arriving 8am onwards for signing-on, the briefing sessions will commence at 08:30am in the Stratford Centre. The first laps will start at 9am."

If BBB is from 07:30 to 08:30 and we need 30 mins to get to circuit does that leave enough time for 09:00 laps? As a newby, just checking with those who have previous experience, since we have booked 6 track sessions. Subject to that, pleased to confirm 2 for BBB (Richard and Ben). Can you give us post code for Bolingbroke Arms please.

Cheers

Richardracer
Hi Richard
From past experience people arriving etc and chatting means we don't get breakfast under way until just before 8am quite often, and then leave at 08:30 to convoy 30 mins to the track arriving at about 9am or just after, so you would need to be there about 30-45 mins ahead of that.

Because you are staying at the Bolingbroke however, you may well be able to ask for brekkie for say 7am or worst case 730am sharp (speak to Jo the manager and she will let you know what they can do) so then you may be able to dash off to get there for say 8:15am and sign on and attend the briefing sessions from 8:30 to get on the track for 9am.

If you are in Swindon early enough on Friday evening let me know and I can either pop over and be sociable at the pub or even arrange some tickets to the local arts centre where there is a comedian on that evening, but I would need to know numbers to book tickets

20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
Old 10th October 2016, 08:05 PM

No breakfast for me.
Any one from you guys come from London?
Old 10th October 2016, 08:36 PM

Default Big boys breakfast

Hi Neil,

I am not staying overnight, just driving down to Bolingbroke Arms for breakfast.

Cheers

Richard
2006 Audi S8 V10 Now Sold. Akoya Silver with black/grey leather, standard 20" wheels, hybrid TV, Bang & Olufssen audio, Heated seats front and rear, Dension ipod integration, DAB radio, keyless entry, rear electric blind, bluetooth connection to Apple iphone6S. Started at 60,000 miles end April 12. Now 171,500 miles as at Oct 2017. Now sold to fellow forum member.
Old 11th October 2016, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Hi Neil,

I am not staying overnight, just driving down to Bolingbroke Arms for breakfast.

Cheers

Richard
Sorry Richard - I had in my mind that earlier you had said that you would be staying over the night before!

Anyways I spoke to Simon at the Pub yesterday evening and told him that you may want to have brekkie at say 07:30 sharp and that can be arranged so that you can say hi then eat and dash off if you wish? Let me know either way for numbers etc.